HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a HK 45 Compact Tactical V3 about 2 weeks ago, BC date code what a neat gun. I loved the gun so much I ran down another, same specifications and as luck would have it the other one shows up today and the guns are sequential serial numbers to each other! What are the odds of that happening? :100000:

·
Registered
401 Posts
From totally different sources, astronomical. From the same FFL, who probably used the same distributor, probably fairly small. Either way, its awesome to have sequential serials if you're going to have two of the same gun. Very cool, congrats!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't walk, run to the nearest carry-out and buy that lottery ticket.
LOL!! Thanks guys! There are from two different sources. Same BC date codes as well. Serials match on the frames and barrels, which from what I have read is a good thing also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That is very awesome and would have to agree, get a lottery ticket ASAP! Closest thing like this to happen to me was I got a bulgarian 5.45 demilled krink kit a year ago that was the reciprocal or inverse of the serial number from a demilled bulgarian 5.45 krink kit I bought before this one.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
You'd most likely have a better chance of taking over Hugh Hefner's harem!

Nice score!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Have you been struck by lightning yet? Haha! Great deal. That gun can be hard to find. To find two and then they are sequential....well that's a lottery story.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I love mine, its a V1 though. I added a little extra for the grip. Its a night and day difference to me. And its totally reversible leaving no permanent alterations to the frame.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Actually, pretty darned good and by no stretch rare, or even uncommon. HK does not pay attention to serial numbers like some other manufacturers and at our old shop we usually got in orders with multiple sequential serial numbers. I own a few sets of them myself and we once got in one shipment that had 7 or 8 pistols that were sequential. It's fun to have but sequential serial numbers do not increase the value of HKs like it may with other firearms where it seems the maker goes to great lengths not to ship them out with sequential serial numbers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, that is pretty crazy to have gotten them from two different places. I would definitely be playing the lotto!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Actually, pretty darned good and by no stretch rare, or even uncommon. HK does not pay attention to serial numbers like some other manufacturers and at our old shop we usually got in orders with multiple sequential serial numbers. I own a few sets of them myself and we once got in one shipment that had 7 or 8 pistols that were sequential. It's fun to have but sequential serial numbers do not increase the value of HKs like it may with other firearms where it seems the maker goes to great lengths not to ship them out with sequential serial numbers.
BB,

They came from two different places.

OP,

That's pretty neat, glad you reunited the pair!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had this happen when i bought a couple of Mosin nagant with my C&R FFL But Had to part with them when i lost my job

1 - 20 of 31 Posts