HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask HK CS but figured maybe somebody in here would know. Why is the engraving on the German slides deeper than the engraving on the American slides? That's the only real difference that I've seen between the two. Not trying to start a American made VS. German made thread just wondering why is that.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I'm sitting here holding one of each. The markings on the "U.S." slide are actually deeper, and more pronounced, than on the "German" slide; referring to the " HK 45C .45 Auto" marks on the left side of the slide.

The date code/serial #/proof mark under that is more prominent on the German slide, but only because of a white "tint" to those markings.

I'm thinking that the metal parts are still being made in Germany. My "U.S. made" gun's barrel certainly is; there is another, German-series serial # and DE mark on the left side of the barrel hood, which is not visible when the pistol is assembled.

Whatever... the guns shoot the same...:wink:

·
Registered
253 Posts
There is no such thing as an "American" hk45 slide. They're all made in Germany, only the frames are made in the US. And by frames I mean the polymer molding, even the steel inserts are German made; likewise for the slides, barrels, and all the other parts in the gun!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does engraving depth influence function?
No. Just something I noticed between my two different slides, but they are two different date codes so maybe that's the reason for it. Kinda like that recent thread about some P2000 grips saying "P2000" and others saing "HK P2000".

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Kinda like that recent thread about some P2000 grips saying "P2000" and others saing "HK P2000".
Yeah, there are differences. I have three USPc .40s. One has the words "Heckler & Koch" on the right side of the slide, between muzzle and ejection port. The other two do not. One has "USP" in large letters on both sides of the grip. The other two have those letters on the left side of the grip; the right side has a patent number. Dunno what the significance (if any) of all this is, but like I said... they all shoot the same.:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts