HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My lower SN P7 says made in Germany

The newer one says made in W. Germany

Has anyone ever wondered about that?

That seems backwards!

Reunification happened way after both pistols were made.... Hmm confused!

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
38xxx no date stamp ... NDS DE
Made in Germany
(no warning, no import or us distrib info)

68xxx NDS 10/85
Made in W. Germany
Trussville AL with warning on bottom of trigger guard

Weird huh? Seems backwards!

Both are police trade-ins both have lil doohickey stamp with a number I can't read...maybe 318 the one stamped 10/85 also has the lil armorers stamp (or what ever) on the barrel, the other does not.

(I assume the lower SN came first)

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨
(I'd rather be at the range trying to wear out my Not-LNIB gun collection.... Let's call it a BTS Beat To **** collection)

Registered
That is unusual--- the "DE" on the earlier one may be a factory refurbish but does not explain the "Made in Germany" marking!!! :eek:
Certainly, a P7 expert here will clarify. :wink:

Tony

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

This is a pic of the m10 (I found it on one of the adverts posted earlier... Mines the same)

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨

Registered
That one is marked, "Made in West Germany" (W-Germany)!!! :wink:
Are you saying that your earlier one is marked, "Made in Germany" only? :confused:

Tony

Registered
If you bought this pistol in the USA it should be import marked. HKI is the usual importer these days.

The DE marking only means the pistol was exported from Germany (DE) in the past couple of years. Required by the EU for arms control. The unmarked pistol was exported earlier.

-- Chuck

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly

One says w. Germany
Other is Germany

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
My second gun is being shipped its marked like the pic I of the m10

I'm just wondering what the story is... Or is it a random thing HK did back in the day? Curious

Sent from my iPhone 馃槨

Registered
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

This exactly what the p7 I just bought is marked!

Two more examples....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts