HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not pretty, but it works and I need a light on this gun. I basically had 3 choices (that I could find, there may be others), a light wrapped around the suppressor, a light mounted to front sight, or an extended rail on receiver and a 45* mount off to the side. I decided to go with the CAA front sight mount (~$65). The mount is made of aluminum so CAA must be stepping up their game, feels rock solid. I had to dremel the mount a bit to fit my CA.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Nice SD and I like how you fixed the light. I have seen everything from using a ZipTie around the Can to tape used and this is by far the cleanest mod I have seen.

What is the atrocity under the SD though? I am sure that if you tried hard enough you could find someone that would offer you enough for it that you could get a HK Tactical and we all could sleep a little better. :wink:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I know right, I was too lazy to move it off my workbench. I should have take out the Expert for the photo ;)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jason,
stop hog hunting at night...then you wouldn't need that lite! LOL
Dj
You remember that?? Jesus, you have a good memory. I'm shooting coyotes now with my LMT and upgraded from handheld flashlight to PVS & thermal, here's a video. Kill shots are at 1:30 and 2:40.

And yes, 9mm does kill a hog.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Very nice SD. What mount is that your Aimpoint is sitting on?

I wanted a way to mount a Scout light to mine and thought I'd be stuck with the B&T Suppressor mount. I'm checking out CAA right now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice SD. What mount is that your Aimpoint is sitting on?

I wanted a way to mount a Scout light to mine and thought I'd be stuck with the B&T Suppressor mount. I'm checking out CAA right now.
It's a B&T Aimpoint low-profile; unless you have a real HK though, get the dremmel out for a perfect fit; discussed in thread further below.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts