HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So HKPro doesn't have a general gab section, therefor forgive me if this is in the wrong section, but how do you feel about all HK clones for your bug out doomsday guns?

My thought is they are in all the most popular calibers, once running right are very reliable, battle proven, accurate and compact.

That along with some other reasons make me think they are perfect. Add a 12ga and an Ar-15 (lots of mags out there) and what else would you need?

Just wanted to post after watching the new "Doomsday preppers" on NatGO last night.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
JLD91k w/fero-z and lots of quality surplus. Knock a man down at 600.LOL Maybe only 400 LOL. Depends on the night before.HAhA

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
They would have to be reliable since your chances of finding parts or mags is pretty low compared to something like an AR.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
If you live that long or can travel far enough to find any weapons/parts. You should have spare parts and extras in your harness already.I keep extra parts and an HK bolt head w/+2 rollers also. And a tracer rnd mag loaded. Lets be realistic guy,s about the availabilty of firearms from other sources at this time and juncture when you need them most.. You better be ready. I have 3 of the same weapon fully ready w/parts;and flawless function all this time. All the ammo i use ,has the same point of impact in all 3 weapons. think

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think I'll go with ...one of each ( ;

I look at guns like tools-each has a unique purpose. A AK in x39 is pretty well rounded. As for roller locks, it doesn't have much for a round count but my CZ52 blows holes through quite a bit and a pistol is a lot easier to walk down the street with un-noticed than a rifle. I can also use it as a hammer if needed ( ;

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm a prepper...so I'll play.

From a real SHTF go to gun, sure, your HK's are fine IFFFF you are smart enough to have a survival kit for it long term (rollers, springs, etc). Same holds true for an AR. The only thing I will say counter to our beloved HK forum is, AR parts may be easier to swap for, etc than HK if the SHTF and the economy, etc collapsed.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
My .300 Win. Mag. for long distance work. Both my 33s and the 51. And keep my AR with bull barrel and counter sniper scope in backup postion. I have plenty of spare parts for everything. AND the ever popular 870. Because it always goes bang wether you clean it or not.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
AR. Because you are much more likely to run across .223 and AR mags and parts than anything else.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess I should have listed the assumption that you have a cache of mags and associated parts... I'm all for my AR/AK options, but x39 ammo won't be as easy to find as pistol ammo or 223... Just an assumption on my part considering the number of people in my area who don't have AK's.

·
HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
1,045 Posts
Bug Out? 'Really love my HK91s, 93, SP89, and seveal 9mm & 5.56mm SBR Clones (with my sears), but have to go with one of my Colt LE6933 or LE6921 SBRs with Gemtech G5 Suppressor for bug out... Hate to say it, but I have yet had a FTF/FTE issue on any of my three Colt SBRs and they are deadly accurate with a multitude of optics sights I have; plus they love my pet subsonic rounds I have for the G5 suppressor. I also have several interchangeable 11.5" SBR uppers in 5.45x39mm, 7.62x39mm, and .22LR, if for some reason 5.56x45mm becomes scarce; I'm willing to 'adapt' to whatever popular caliber ammo 'one' might have in stock...

Pistols...? 'Have to go with my USP 9mm SD Tactical; due to the most popular round in the world and Jet Funnel 18-round mags; plus 9mm ammo is way lighter carrying than other pistol rounds... My .40 & .45 USP Tacticals will just have to...awe screw it; I'll make room for them too (somehow)...

Variety: The Spice of Life

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love all my guns. But ill go with my Garand

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
For non full auto 223 (really bad if need the belt fed and in that case one is more limited to base defense or a heavy bug out for friends that have working armor ... but they would be running the MaDuce, SAW and M240 alone with the 16's ;-), a high end AR has advantages.

For a 308, one can make a good point for an HK91 with a few extra extractor springs taped in the grp or what ever. The remaining semi auto 308s are not that common.

Lastly for some of us, walking away is no longer an issues due to health and age.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Since noone has mentioned one yet I'll play.. if I ever get my USC/UMP working I think that it's ability to change from .40 to .45 to 9mm fairly quickly would make it ideal for short work at least. For long work I love the 700 classic in .308!

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Doomsday huh?
I would not rely on just one gun in that scenario, roller-locked or otherwise.
German-made roller-locked guns would be preferred over non-German "clones" - Why? They are simply better made and more reliable, better QA'd and tested by experts on current and proper tooling. We see regular functional issues and parts failures that I have NEVER seen in HK Germany-made weapons.
Having a 2nd or just one god quality AR-15-style rifle would be smart due to the availability of mags and parts and accessories and would be a less expensive alternative to a German-made HK91 or HK93.
You may want something to stop a vehicle at distance so a .50 caliber rifle would be wise with some AP or AP-I ammo.
Handguns - like flashlights and batteries you can't have too many.
Basic spare parts and lots of good quality reliable ammo would be necessary for the long term.
And a means to carry it on your person (vest, chest rig, etc.).
I WOULD not beat my survival on an aftermarket clone of any "survival" gun. Don't cut corners with cheap crap unless your life value is minimal.
G3Kurz

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
What's going to be important in a SHTF situation isn't going to be how many guns, parts, or how much ammo one can carry. One can't eat or drink his weapons and he/she certainly can expend valuable energy hauling it around. A reliable, light weight rifle with three or four mags is all one will need at the most. The idea is to avoid fire fights and engaging others, not battle it out to get to the end of the street. The rest of the load should be water, water, and more water, toss in a couple days high calorie foods and a small first aid kit. That's it. Use it all to get to a safer place, maybe a predetermined meeting place for a group of friends and go from there. Strength in numbers. Pool your resources.
Hell, I'm willing to bet the majority of people here, including myself, can't pack up 50lbs of gear and hike a mile without a good rest.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts