HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a gun store that had a P30 in stock today.

I really gave the gun a good "feel". With the default side and back panels, it just didn't feel right in my hand. I own a USP-C and P2SK, both of which feel reasonable, so I'm not that picky. This almost felt like it had the Glock "hump" in to it.

My favorite grip feel is the fat SIG 226/228/229 grip. Just feels perfect for me personally.

I obviously can't start changing grip panels in the store, but wondered if any of you who've tried multiple combinations have found a feel comparable to the dimensions of the SIG grip?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just picked up a P30 and have owned a P226, P228 & P229 for many years. Not intending to start a Sig vs. HK war here :71:, but I do prefer the "feel" of the Sigs better. Maybe it's because I've been shooting them for longer and have used them as my "gold standard" by which I judge other guns. All that said, the P30 was a great shooter and will become my carry gun of choice. It replaces my Glock 19 in that capacity.

FYI...I switched out the medium grips for the small ones (as suggested in a few posts here) and thought it felt pretty good. I may try the medium grips on my next trip to the range to see if that has any impact on things.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I had a Sig P226 Elite that I ended up selling for the P30. As much as I like the Sig the P30 feels so much better to me even with the stock grips. The decocker on the P30 is also much better then the Sigs and is the best on any handgun IMO. I also shoot the P30 more accurately then the Sig P226 or P229. I am still planning on getting another P226 in the future as they are great guns.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am the middle of trying to decide which of the two (P30 or P226) to carry on duty when I retire my Glock 17. I have the CTC grips on my 226 (they are large) and I like the feel. On my P30 I have medium backstrap, medium on left side and large on right side and I like the feel better than the 226. I bet you'd be able to find the right combination for your liking.

Both great guns ... I'd call the 226 an A+ and the P30 an A+.

There are some good points and opinions in this thread: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72180

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had a Sig P226 Elite that I ended up selling for the P30. As much as I like the Sig the P30 feels so much better to me even with the stock grips. The decocker on the P30 is also much better then the Sigs and is the best on any handgun IMO. I also shoot the P30 more accurately then the Sig P226 or P229. I am still planning on getting another P226 in the future as they are great guns.

Wow Mark that is saying a lot. The Sig Elite is pretty hard to beat. I took off the fat wood grips but man the action on the Sig is silky smooth. I may have to try a P30 because of your comments! So, in the future, it's all YOUR fault! ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts

This post pretty much sums it up for me as well. The only thing different is that I will not be getting a P226 down the road. Sig Sauer makes fine handguns (reliable, accurate) but IMO H&K just does it better overall. I carry 1he 1911 platform, but buy most all of H&K products which serve as back-ups to the Government...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Wow Mark that is saying a lot. The Sig Elite is pretty hard to beat. I took off the fat wood grips but man the action on the Sig is silky smooth. I may have to try a P30 because of your comments! So, in the future, it's all YOUR fault! ;)
Try out the P30 and then thank me later :)
I got rid of the wood grips as well and put on the stock ones. Those wood grips were way too big! I also did not care for the front checkering on the Elite. After a while at the range they ate away at my hand. I really did like the Sig but the P30 fits my hand perfect. The only thing that I wish the P30 had was the SRT (short reset trigger) like the Elite.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Theres so many grip options with the P30 I would think it is next to immpossible not to find a combination that fits your hand. I prefer medium backstrap with large side panels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With all the positive P30 replies from SIG owners, I think I may have to blindly gamble on this and buy one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Being a proud owner of a P229R, I took the plunge and ordered a P30 from CDNN today. I have handled one in the local gun shop and I gotta admit, I like how it fits my hands and how it is around 6 ounces lighter. I shall let you know how it compares.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have owned a Sig 229 for quite some time and it is one fine firearm. My new P30 is awesome and its definately a keeper in my book. I own 3 HK's and 1 Sig, and I must say that the Sig's trigger has the HK's beat (it was reworked by Sig's custom shop). The reason I have Sigs and Hk's is because I love the way they all fit my hand. The P30 and 229 are the best feeling pistols I own and they are great pistols. If you have Sigs and no HK's you need to add some Hks to your collection. If you have HK's and no Sigs, well you need to add some Sigs. I'm partial to both guns. Both are excellent pistols and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I agree with scarface. I have 14 HK's and recently bought 6 Sig's, including 2 of the p220 combat's. I really love the feel and balance of the P220 Carry. I have been so used to my USPc 45 for so long, and then I bought a P220 Carry just to have one, and I just couldn't put the thing down. Felt great, and points really well. So then I had to get an Elite model and 2 of the Combat's, they are really awsome!!!! grip is a bad color, but the frame is beautiful and pretty mean looking with the larger rail. I swapped out the brown grip with the black one from my Carry model, and now both look great. I would think that all of the HK USP fans especially in .45 should get one of the Sig P220's to go with it. =)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with scarface. I have 14 HK's and recently bought 6 Sig's, including 2 of the p220 combat's. I really love the feel and balance of the P220 Carry. I have been so used to my USPc 45 for so long, and then I bought a P220 Carry just to have one, and I just couldn't put the thing down. Felt great, and points really well. So then I had to get an Elite model and 2 of the Combat's, they are really awsome!!!! grip is a bad color, but the frame is beautiful and pretty mean looking with the larger rail. I swapped out the brown grip with the black one from my Carry model, and now both look great. I would think that all of the HK USP fans especially in .45 should get one of the Sig P220's to go with it. =)
Mr. James, Sir.

What do you think about the HK45 and the P220 combat 45?
How are the feel and balance of the two. I have three P220 .45 and one HK USPc45. But never try to hold the new HK45.

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts