HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've been contemplating getting one of the MKE HK 94A2 Rifle.
Could you PM me with opinions and experience with these ?
I've been into M14 platforms so this is absolutley new for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
lucien ... my experience with anything HK or HK related is that if you even contemplate it, then buy it because you will always kick yourself later if you don't.

Search here and on Google would have already given you more than enough reason to stop contemplating and buy.

But, basically, the MKE H&K line is manufactured in Turkey on licensed H&K tooling and now they will no longer be imported due to *insert reason here*. With HK94 prices (even the DOJ ones) at a range that most would have laughed at even a few years ago, your options to even get your foot in the door are getting smaller.

·
Registered
893 Posts
At its core, the MKE is a proper licensed produced MP5/94 type. If you can get over the fact that they aren't German quality, and get over the goofy stuff that they had to do for importation and be willing to fix it, you have the start of a good carbine.
At the current $900, figure you'll throw in ~$300(ish) for the parts to make it 922r compliant and fix the stock goofiness. If you DIY the mag well bars you'll end up with a licensed production gun better than the vast majority of clones for less money, and the MKE's will likely hold their value better too (as long as you don't butcher the mag well DIY'ing it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts