HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
I have one along with about six variations of the mp5 a3 stock what do you want to know?

·
1,205 Posts
IMO, the A3 stock isn't very comfortable. I like the B&T better if you must have a folder/collapsible.

BUT... there's really no need for anything other than the std A2 stock.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
That's what Tom (HKPro) used on his MP5SD at the operator's course.

It definitely looks like it would be easier to use if you were trying to make aimed shots. Those metal bars on the HK A3 stock just don't feel good on the jaw.

·
2,832 Posts
I only use the B&T on my 94's now, I have a few A3's and the B&T is much more comfortable and lighter, also I think its closer to the length of the A2 stocks, cheekweld is the same as a A2. there are 2 different lengths of the B&T's I have the longer ones now and like them better than the shorter(1")

if you go with the B&T, get a HK long ambi sling pin(replaces rear butt pushpin) and is much better than a sling mounted on the stock...which when folded makes problems.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one along with about six variations of the mp5 a3 stock what do you want to know?
Just want your opinion on it compared to the a3 or a2 stock.

thanks for the replies so far. The a3 stock looks so uncomfortable, I'd rather use an a2 or this B&T sidefolder.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
B+T is hard to beat

I have one on my MP5, it's A3 compactness with the stability of an A2, really can't be beat in my opinion. You might want to consider getting an original, from DSA Arms, I've seen other brands, especially on Gunbroker.com, classic case of you get what you pay for.

HTH

Bob

·
2,832 Posts
all the fake B&T's I have seen(and let me know if I am wrong) fold to the left......the B&T's fold to the right

I have one on my MP5, it's A3 compactness with the stability of an A2, really can't be beat in my opinion. You might want to consider getting an original, from DSA Arms, I've seen other brands, especially on Gunbroker.com, classic case of you get what you pay for.

HTH

Bob

·
Registered
172 Posts
B&T

I have one for a K model MP5 - all I have to say is that the real B&T is absolutely mint !!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have two B&T MP5 folding stock versions for my HK 94. The shorter one is the same size as a A2 full stock and just as comfortable but lighter. The longer one is just 1" inch longer.

IMO- I much prefer the B&T stocks over the HK A3 collapsible stocks, plus I don't have those rail marks from pulling the A3 stock out or in.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
and why was it that these really don't work on the '93's?

something with the buffer right?

TIA for the info...

·
Registered
376 Posts
93/33/53

TIA for the info...
...I was thinking the same think? The B&T MP5 stock fits my HK93 perfectly? My 93 utilizes a buffered bolt carrier is it okay to shoot with???

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,849 Posts
Definitely a strong investment. Best feeling stock there is, and a bit longer too. I like that due to my size.

The only drawback is that with ambi sling pins installed for a leftie, (as in me) the stock won't fold all the way when the rear ambi pin is in.

Otherwise it's GTG!

·
Registered
280 Posts
The only purpose for a folding/collapsing stock on a rifle is for ease of storage/transportation. Rifles are always meant to be shot with the stock extended.

I love my B&T stock and would never dream of downgrading back to a standard A2 stock. Besides, it's not like you can buttstroke someone with an A2 stock effectively anyway. ;)

·
2,832 Posts
niether(buffered or non buffered) of the carriers hit the stock buffer correctly on the B&T. Its a shame they dont work. But the Chote(sp) does work, I have a HK marked(and sold for the 93) one on a 93, hits the buffer correctly, but some say it still should not be used on the 93.....but the SL6 uses the same sorta(poly) recoil buffer....so I dont know why it would be a problem

TIA for the info...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought one from DSA and tried it for a couple rounds. It's a little narrower than the fixed stock, so the cheek weld feels slightly different.

PM if you want to save a few bucks - I'd like to sell mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would like to know also about the B&T stock on the v53 rifle and hk53. I heard both ways you should and should not use it. I heard they beat the plastic on the inside of the stock but I read a lot of people seem to not have any issues. I want one for my v53 along with sw5. So whats the verdict?

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
I've seen this type of stock on a G3 type and was wondering if anyone has tried it. I like the looks but don't know how it would hold up.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I have one on my SW5. I got it because my SW5 is an early cast receiver and it won't take an A3 stock. Well since getting it, I have decided that I really like it. It feels much more like the regular A2 stock and you can fold it away for hauling around. I'll be adding one to my CA89k as soon as I get the sear and/or SBR it.

The only downside of the B&T is that it doesn't lock open (forward). So it can swing around cause it only has friction holding it there. I have noticed that I can easily pick it up by the B&T with one hand and lock it open with a simple rotation of the gun. So this could speed up the time to shooting.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts