HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on STANAG vs original HK

I have heard that there are some fitment issues for contract vs factory for certain parts...

Which parts are worth it to try and save a buck...

Any opinions and sources for NATO contact STANAG stuff...

Claw mounts
Collapsing stocks
bipods
wide stocks

Thanks,

LO

·
Registered
589 Posts
Not to get picky on you, but STANAG is not what you mean. STANAG stands for the NATO STANdardization AGreement. HK complies with STANAG when it makes a claw mount, for example, with a pic rail. The rail is standard among all of the armies in NATO so that all of our equipment can be used together. STANAG is why we have things like 5.56 NATO and 7.62 NATO calibers. It's a logistics simplifier.

You are referring to contract parts like Rheinmetal, Kongsberg, FMP or the like. These parts are all made to fulfill the military needs of countries such as Germany, Norway and Portugal. I would wager the quality of these parts is in the top echelon as a result. Then again, there is Murphy's 10th law of combat: Remember that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder. ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
and also remember U.S. Made clones are Not made for the Miltry.. so some parts might not work right100% on or with them...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Exactly, I should have included "... not the entertainment/personal gratification of people such as ourselves." after the whole military needs thing, hehe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool...

So the contract stuff is likely as good...

I have ready threads stating that some of the finishing work is not as good... like seem lines fron castings etc. and was wondering what parts are likely to be either functionally or aestheitcally inferior to HK...

And which one are likely to be close enough and a good savings...

LO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts