HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted a MK23 for the "cool factor" of it. So just recently I put one on layaway and hopefully will be receiving it within the next couple of weeks.
Does anyone have any experience with this gun? If so please post your opinions.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Best thing to do would be to do a search of this forum. There is a ton of information to be had on any given weapon, issues, likes, dislikes, etc. I'm sure you will find all you need to know and more going that route. Good luck and enjoy that new HK! You definitely have a good one coming, well, I guess they are all good.......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently own a HK P30L in 9mm. I love that gun, and it loves me back. Just not anyone else for some reason. It only reliably functions when I fire it, everyone else gets repeated stovepipes. lol Hopefully the MK23 will be more loving of my friends.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Some people love them but most find them too big and impractical.I had one for a short while and found it too big for me and I'm 6'1" with big hands.It really does nothing a tactical won't do.If I ever got another it would simply be just to fill out my collection.Unless you got a deal on it I'd get a tactical or expert 1st.

I love my P30L also,very sweet weapon.The stovepipes are probably people limpwristing it.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I just got a P30 40 LEM.
Only ran 200 rounds of GDHP and Ranger Ts through her.
But she runs like butter and seems to be bombproof right out of the box.
I'm an average size guy and the MK23 is gigantic in my hands.
But if you don't mind the size of the gun, I'm sure the MK23 will serve you well.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Its an absolutely terrible firearm!!!! Not even worth the steel and polymer its made out of!!!!

Reasons why:

Its a WHOLE INCH longer than a USP tactical!!!! HOLY **** ITS HUGE!!!!!!!! Might as well have an AK on your hip!!!!!!

Its also SIX OUNCES HEAVIER!!!!!!! (than USP tactical) Damn!!!!! at 2.43 lbs you mind as well be trying to carry a Desert Eagle!!!

AND ITS SOOOOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!! My neighbors Glock shoots hollow points just fine and it only Costs $500!!!! in a Mark 23 you are paying $500 for the gun and $1200 for the H&K on the side!!!!

Why would ANYONE want such a over-engineered super reliable .45 SUPER out of the box, Apocalypse surviving gun ?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I own 2 of them. I am 6'6" 260 pounds and it fits me perfect. Don't know why alexahr2008 is such a "hater". It is an outstanding handgun capable of 1 hole accuracy. You made a good choice. It is not THAT big! Hell there is an LEO here on the forum contemplating using his as his duty gun. I was told straight from the horses mouth a couple months back from a HK team leader at the plant in Georgia that "unofficially" there are discontinuing the model. He said as soon as Germany gives the word, there gone! In other words your purchase of a Mark 23 has become an investment as the price will only go UP!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I own 2 of them. I am 6'6" 260 pounds and it fits me perfect. Don't know why alexahr2008 is such a "hater"...
All of his sarcasm seems lost on you guys. I'm trying to find reasons not to buy the one in the marketplace right now. Camo soft case, extra mags, rail adapter and it says "Mark 23" on the slide! But a PTR battle rifle is calling my name.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The PTR is definitely on my list of things to get for the future. After just buying a SCAR 16s and MK23. I'm going to have to tone down my impulse buying for a while...

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I read the perfect response to a Mark 23 on another site. It read, "....it is a big di*k gun..." It made me LOL and snort. Mark 23s, like no other gun ellicit fervent antipodal opinions. One either loves it or he hates it. I love mine. It is a big di*k gun... :biggrin:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its an absolutely terrible firearm!!!! Not even worth the steel and polymer its made out of!!!!

Reasons why:

Its a WHOLE INCH longer than a USP tactical!!!! HOLY **** ITS HUGE!!!!!!!! Might as well have an AK on your hip!!!!!!

Its also SIX OUNCES HEAVIER!!!!!!! (than USP tactical) Damn!!!!! at 2.43 lbs you mind as well be trying to carry a Desert Eagle!!!

AND ITS SOOOOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!! My neighbors Glock shoots hollow points just fine and it only Costs $500!!!! in a Mark 23 you are paying $500 for the gun and $1200 for the H&K on the side!!!!

Why would ANYONE want such a over-engineered super reliable .45 SUPER out of the box, Apocalypse surviving gun ?!?!?!?!?!?
Hmmmm...now where have I seen this post before...

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

Reasons why:

With an endorsement like this, I'll take two!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I've always wanted a MK23 for the "cool factor" of it. So just recently I put one on layaway and hopefully will be receiving it within the next couple of weeks.
Does anyone have any experience with this gun? If so please post your opinions.
I found the grip too big to be comfortable. It is 1/4" larger in circumference than the USP45. I shoot a lot of other guns, 1911/SS, Glock17, USP45, etc. Everytime I switched to MK23 it was too much of a change. I sold it. If the MK23 was my only gun, I probabhly would have adjusted to it without issue.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The best reason to get a Mk23 right now is that you may not get another chance to buy a new one at a good price. I don't see HK making them in the future.

It is a very accurate, very reliable and unique gun. They are way too big for most applications, but they are great shooters. I predict they will be fairly collectable in a few years.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The best reason to get a Mk23 right now is that you may not get another chance to buy a new one at a good price. I don't see HK making them in the future.

It is a very accurate, very reliable and unique gun. They are way too big for most applications, but they are great shooters. I predict they will be fairly collectable in a few years.
I guess that's what really matters. If they mattered, there would still be a demand for them and they would still be in production. Sure they're accurate and collectible but there are better platforms shooting and duty.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.