HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wanted sime opinions if I should trade my v1 p30 9 for a usp9 v7. Someone I know wants to trade me and had some extras with the Usp. I love shooting the p30 but it does tear my skin up when carrying and not a big fan of the groove in the trigger guard. I haven't shot a fullsize usp in a long time so it's hard for me to compare. I've heard the usp FS is slower shot to **** than the p30. I do prefer the p30 over usp compact but in 45 I like the usp a little more than the hk45. Any advice out there? And I just can't afford to buy another right now because money I have set aside right now needs to buy something for deep concealment for at work so trying to decide what to go with for fullsize 9mm for carry/range. Thanks

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I wouldn't make that trade, but then I'm a big P30 fan.

You can use a little sand paper on those grips. It should take the bite out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you love shooting your P30 then IMO not a good idea on making the trade unless you can try an USP9 first to see how you like shooting it. Personally I love love shooting my P30LS and P30SK but not the USP so much.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember liking the fullsize usp a lot. Just too hard to compare shooting at diff times. I also know it has the same recoil system as the usp45 which make the 45 feel almost like a 9mm. The only time the p30 bothers me is when shooting hot 9mm and the groove in the trigger guard can get to me a little bit after a few boxes. Wish I could afford them all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got the whole family...p30sk, P30, P30L....wouldn't trade any of them for anything. If I were you I would save your money and get a USP when you can afford it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting what do you guys think the p30 has above the usp besides ergos and pic rail. What about how they shoot?

·
Registered
162 Posts
You have to try it out prior to deciding, but for me the USP is the winner. I have a P30L in 40 cal and a USP in 40 cal and I like the USP for some of the reasons you mentioned, but mostly because it just feels better in my hand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The USP does have the advantage of having a better trigger IMO, it's up to you whether the ergonomics of the P30 are more favorable than the ergos of the USP. As others have said in this thread already, your best bet is to find one to shoot and compare, then make a decision.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Because I am not a great marksman and I don't practice, I would go with the USP. I like the P30, but ergonomics don't make ME shoot any better. A nicer trigger does. I do not do anything to my firearms. They are all stock, so, to me, a stock USP trigger is better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea ergos are fine on both to me just holding. I guess was wondering if usp shoots as flat or flatter compared to the p30

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yea ergos are fine on both to me just holding. I guess was wondering if usp shoots as flat or flatter compared to the p30
Assuming you may mean overall accuracy, as in mechanical accuracy, I can not see a benefit of one over the other.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Interesting what do you guys think the p30 has above the usp besides ergos and pic rail. What about how they shoot?
I love the P30/HK45/VP9 series and their ergos, etc. I have tried on more than a few occasions shooting various USP series and I find that I just don't shoot them as well. IMO a pistol is a very personal thing and it is best to try out and see what works best for you. Kind of like buying a car or motorcycle. You can paper shop and evaluate pros and cons but driving/riding is what tells the story and what one prefers another may not. IMO trigger considerations are over rated for the most part, at least for us "average Joe" shooters. As long as trigger is pretty decent I won't rule out a pistol just based on the trigger. On my P30LS the SA trigger pull was excellent right out of the box. The DA trigger pull improved quite a bit by 500 rounds fired. The long reset of the P30 series is of absolutely no issue to me. I am used to long reset on my classic P series SIGs. I enjoy shooting a variety of pistols I own so I don't ride the reset point on any of them though I am sure I could if I wanted to dedicate myself to shooting only a single pistol but I don't. YMMV.

Here are a couple targets from me shooting some of my HKs. Shooting kind of a leisurely pace of one shot about every 2 seconds. The P30LS is such a soft shooter and the P30SK is a surprisingly soft shooter. Both back on target fast for me with the P30LS being the faster though obviously due to size.

P30LS, at least 30 rounds at 7 yards.

P30SK LEM (my first LEM), 10 rounds at 7 yards. Second magazine I ever shot during first range trip using 13 round magazine and X-Grip extender.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice shooting. I've shot well with a p30sk v1. You're right though I guess I should be patient to shoot my p30 side by side with a usp cus last time I shot a usp I didn't have my p30 with me and the sights were all jacked up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Nice shooting. I've shot well with a p30sk v1. You're right though I guess I should be patient to shoot my p30 side by side with a usp cus last time I shot a usp I didn't have my p30 with me and the sights were all jacked up.
Nice shooting with your P30SK! What a fantastic subcompact. Good luck getting everything figured out!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Been stocking up on the no-no guns before the election. My guess is that the 10 rounders will be safe, at least for a while.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts