HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone with a little more experience tell me what a good choice would be for both ease of use, and ease of mounting, in an optical sight for my new HK-91? I'm looking at spending 500-600 dollars and I don't need anything that is necessarily for sharpshooting rather just a good set of battle optics. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Cheaper Than Dirt has those HENSOLDT scopes with some kind of reticle illuminator. Does anyone know anything about these and are they necessary?

http://search.cheaperthandirt.com/s...ields=price&getfields=image&oe=UTF-8&filter=p

They have all the models there. I might not buy from them, but I am looking for information on these setups.
The illuminators are not at all necessary, but they are pretty cool. It's just a battery powered LED light - makes the reticle turn bright red. I use mine in the day time as well.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Hk 91 scope choice

I have purchased several of the Hensoldt Fero scopes and they are great scopes. They were designed for the HK 91 and have a BDC for 1 to 600 meters. I think I paid $375.00(with claw mount & case) for both of mine and they were new.

I also have several Leupold Mark 4 scopes. I think they are the best long range scopes for the money. They are a little pricy. I just bought a new 3.5 x 10 with a Mil-Dot front focal Mark 4/ M-3 for $1120.00, then you have to purchase a claw mount to attach it to the 91, another $250-350.00.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I have purchased several of the Hensoldt Fero scopes and they are great scopes. They were designed for the HK 91 and have a BDC for 1 to 600 meters. I think I paid $375.00(with claw mount & case) for both of mine and they were new.

I also have several Leupold Mark 4 scopes. I think they are the best long range scopes for the money. They are a little pricy. I just bought a new 3.5 x 10 with a Mil-Dot front focal Mark 4/ M-3 for $1120.00, then you have to purchase a claw mount to attach it to the 91, another $250-350.00.
Yes, the Mark 4s are definitely in the running with the best scopes, and for the money are a great buy. If you shop around, you can get some good deals. Snipershide.com is a great place to buy good glass. I got a 4.5-14x50 Mark 4 LR/T from there for $750. It had a bare spot in the paint about the size of a grain of sugar. One swipe with a Marks-a-lot and it was gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts