HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So MFI wants $155 for a single low profile mount

http://www.mfiap.com/smallarms/hk-low-mount.htm#price

Which seems laughable from looking at it. Any other options out there? I've found a few on gunbroker for ~$15 (sounds reasonable for a piece of metal and a couple screws) but was hoping I could find someone with specific experience.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Lots of cast crap out there. I'll pay the price, for a good billet piece made to specific specs. I won't for a reverse engineered piece of pot-metal. I just bought a B&T from DS Arms.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well I'd like a reverse engineered piece of pot metal for my fake H&K that I take to the range about 10 times a year, tops. Did you put your mount on a combat weapon?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
It doesn't matter what I've done. A cheap mount will make you happy. It's just easy to see why there's a price difference.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just avoid the seller gunbroker seller "lg-outdoors"-read their feedback, and you'll know why to avoid them.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
I own both B&T and MFI mounts. Don't be afraid to buy the MFI, in my experience they are just as solid and reliable as the B&T. But if the MFI is still higher than you want to pay, there are always the Leapers and airsoft mounts.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
279 Posts
Botach has the Aimpoint 10266 (which is actually the B&T 10266 MP5 low mount for the Aimpoint) For $89.95 (the B&T is $109.95 from DSA) they also have the Aimpoint wide 30 mm thumbscrew ring for $24.95 ( the very cool B&T piece with the lever is $199.95!). The Aimpoint 10266 is made by B&T specifically for the MP5 with an Aimpoint. I got mine from Aimpoint 6-7 years ago and it is perfect. I have an Aimpoint ring coming tomorrow ( Aimpoints used to come with a ring and I'm tired of getting out the allen wrenches to take it off every time I clean the gun.) This mount only works on a MP5/SP89 with an Aimpoint and it puts the dot right on the top in the front sight. You simpley can not miss with this setup. It will make you look like Hollywood.

http://www.botachtactical.com/aihkmp5mo.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the responses. I appreciate it.

I tried one of the expensive mounts on my PTR and it flexed too much since the extened portion of the rail was pretty thin.

Then I tried this cheap mount and it seems to work great so far.

http://www.combathunting.com/SCOPE_MOUNTS-H_K_Low_Profile_Universal_Scope_Mount_MP5_G3_1.html
I actually have a mount like that I bought for about $10. Very nice finish, doesn't scratch, feels very solid and thick, nice mounting hardware. Yeah, $10.

Only problem is, it's about 1/16th of an inch to long and bumps up against the site mount thats welded onto the rear of the gun (even with the actual drum sight removed).

Do you know if this works on clones? I have a Coharie Arms CA94 specifically.

It doesn't matter what I've done. A cheap mount will make you happy. It's just easy to see why there's a price difference.
Honestly, not trolling, just curious - do you think it's worth 7x as much? Most of these mounts cost around $15, the B&T is $109. I just can't fathom how 8oz of billet aluminum, with absolutely no moving parts, machined out of a single piece of stock, could be worth over $100. And if you told me it's due to the "engineering" involved, I'd probably fall out of my chair laughing. I'm all for paying a small premium for a piece of higher quality - but doesn't that seem kind of extreme? Maybe I'm just totally ignorant to the cost of the raw materials.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Botach has the Aimpoint 10266 (which is actually the B&T 10266 MP5 low mount for the Aimpoint) For $89.95 (the B&T is $109.95 from DSA)

http://www.botachtactical.com/aihkmp5mo.html
I got one of these for christmas, it was used and incomplete, missing all of the screws and 3 of the 4 mounting 'feet'. they have been good to deal with but the mount is going back to them today as they dont have any more.

the price is good, but to me it is unusable. make sure they have a complete unit before ordering.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is always a group buy for MFI mounts on HKPro. I think I got mine for around $80.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They just ended the last group buy and it would take several weeks, I was hoping to find something a little sooner (and cheaper).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm down for another group buy.

I am interested in getting in on a group buy for the MFI mount.

I have read posts from a number of people happy with it. I might be willing to give the B&T copy a shot, but I can't find a post where someone has tried it out.

Anyway, if anybody wants to start up another group buy, count me as another buyer.

Hooah,
Keith

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
17 Posts
The one I have looks exactly like that but hits the rear sight mount on my CA94. But I'll shoot adam an e-mail, thanks.
I assume you've tried rotating it 180 degrees.

Sounds like the CA94 is out of spec. Maybe it's time to take a dremmel to the mount.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I've tried rotating it, no luck. It's got indentations where it would sit and it's not even close if I spin it around.

I may actually take a dremel to the mount, that's not a bad idea. Actually I've got a neighbor with a bench grinder now that I think about it ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts