HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a PTR 91 Squad Carbine from my local dealer. Traded one of my too many ARs. It has a 16" fluted barrel, tac rail forarm navy trigger and a scope rail welded to the reciever. Anyone seen/handled one of these? I had an early JLD 91 that was a tack driver. Should be delivered in time for deer season.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Neat for you. I hope it is what you want it to be.

I may have to send my Vector 93 to them to see if they will install a rail on the top of the receiver and refinish.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've got a recent (this year) PTR-91F. It's got the 18" heavy barrell and no welded rail, so I know it's not the same gun. But based on the quality and accuracy of my rifle, I would be surprised if you were disappointed in your purchase. You may want to get a different forearm for hunting. I can see that aluminum really sucking the heat out of your hand even through a glove.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got my PTR 91-F rifle and i just love it i have had HK91 rifels in the past and i have to say the fit and finish is just great and i did not have to pay 2,500.00 to 3,000.00 dollars for it the HK rifles are still tops in my book but im not going to pay those crazy prices for one. When you can get the same rifle that shoots better than my other hk91 rifles that i have owned in the past. So if any one that is thinking of geting a HK91 type rifle and dont wont to pay those ungodly prices then i would take a look at the JLD rifles and save some big money.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just got my PTR 91-F rifle and i just love it i have had HK91 rifels in the past and i have to say the fit and finish is just great and i did not have to pay 2,500.00 to 3,000.00 dollars for it the HK rifles are still tops in my book but im not going to pay those crazy prices for one. When you can get the same rifle that shoots better than my other hk91 rifles that i have owned in the past. So if any one that is thinking of geting a HK91 type rifle and dont wont to pay those ungodly prices then i would take a look at the JLD rifles and save some big money.
I agree. The more I use my PTR, the more I really appreciate this rifle. I also must point out that while my example had some issues initially, PTR91, Inc., "J.D." particularly there, offers excellent customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts