HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after I finally decided what I want to get, P30L, LEM,9mm, V1 trying to find the sucker is another story. I knew it was going to be hard finding a P30L from the begining so I accepted the challenge because I fell in love with the damn thing. After reading and consulting for hours, I finally understood the damn confusing trigger variants that come on that gun. I checked on the HK website for direct dealer in MI and I spoke to 5 of them and they all kina laugh when I tell them I wanted to order a gun saying that HK has a very sucky service and you will wait months before you hear anything back..etc. They got me pissed off cause I was expecting when somebody is willing to pay that kind of money for a gun, he would get a red carpet treatment so I called HK directly.
I verified that the gun is actually in stock ad the model number and all that happy stuff. The guy was very helpful and told me that all you have to do is go to any of the dealers on our website and have him just fax in the gun order and it would be about a week or so before they receive it ! Sounds very easy so I am gonna try to do that on Monday and see what happens. I am just surprised that nobody wants to process the order in the gun shops and all of them have the same story. I am assuming that they all wanna make money and it would take them like 5 min if that to fill out paperwork and order the gun. Are they that lazy? Is the HK rep. lying? Does anybody have an explanation for this? I mean I am not even going to distributors, I am going straight to HK...
Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you:41:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
There are one or two on Gunbroker if you want to go there and have it sent to an FFL in your area if none of them want to order it directly?
I've always had good luck with Gunbroker.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Make sure you double check by exact description of what you want and not just by model number. There has been alot of confusion with all the variants, and I have seen many dealers selling P30's saying it is one thing and the picture of the gun is something else. If you want a P30L V1 LEM then I believe the only ones that have been imported are the "S" model with saftey.

This is one of them

P30LS V1 LEM. If this is what you want buying from Stokes would be you best option.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=241549918

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,805 Posts
Quick lesson... That *you* are shelling out a lot of money does not mean that the dealer is *getting* a lot of money. The profit margins on pistols are razor thin and ordering a "special" gun can be a crap shoot. Hell, ordering *any* pistol can be a crap shoot. It's why I do not carry Glocks, even for cops (I do mostly Mil/LE stuff). Cop comes in and has me get a particular Glock. I get it and charge him exactly $5 over what I pay to get the thing here. Two weeks later, he bitches because he found it for... wait for it... $7 less on the Internet and wants a refund of the difference.

So translate to your situation. You want to order a very specific configuration of a pistol that has sporadic availability. Understanding that, at best, your dealer is going to make a couple of bucks on this, you want him to take a flyer on ordering it. He knows that from past experience, it may be 50/50 that the distributor send the right thing or that you may even change your mind. If the gun has to be returned, there might be shipping to eat. If you change your mind, he's likely stuck with a gun that might take a long time to move. All of this for the prospect of a few buck profit.

·
Vendor
789 Posts
01deuce is right. The P30L is only available in the V3, DA\SA configuration without the thumb safety. The P30LS has the ambidextrous thumb safety and is available in both the V3 and V1, which is the light LEM. Make sure whoever orders for you understands which trigger system you want. When the P30LS V1 first arrived last year, the SKU# was M730901L-A5. Now that the P30LS V3 is here, the distributors use the same SKU# but only carry the V3 model. Confusing enough?

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts