HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know there has to be some HKer's in the Metro area....right?
Well let's see about arranging a shoot---either formal or informal. Let's get a head count and work something out.

FYI post here or send PM/email:320000: :37:
BTW i'm in Tigard

Garrett

·
Registered
27 Posts
Portland

Sounds like it could be a good time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Now I know there has to be some HKer's in the Metro area....right?
Well let's see about arranging a shoot---either formal or informal. Let's get a head count and work something out.

FYI post here or send PM/email:320000: :37:
BTW i'm in Tigard

Garrett
You guys going to the Albany MG shoot in 2 weeks?

·
Registered
27 Posts
had not planned on it

Have heard it is a good time, but have never been. I guess I'm pretty low key. I'm on the Practical Rifle email list, but have never been to one of those either. Just usually go out to a quite spot w/ a couple buddies to do my shooting/therapy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have heard it is a good time, but have never been. I guess I'm pretty low key. I'm on the Practical Rifle email list, but have never been to one of those either. Just usually go out to a quite spot w/ a couple buddies to do my shooting/therapy.
I went last year and LOVED it. I will go this year again and plan on taking my MP5K. :0

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know much about that shoot. Sounds like fun! Timing is bad for me though. Maybe next year....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nope

Not that I have seen or heard. I was out of town on the only date that was ever tossed out to the group. Everyone just kind of disappeared.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry, been busy. We are doing a Machine gun shoot next Saturday. 8/18 starting at 10:00 am outside of Estacada.

The Buy in price to cover the gun rental is $100. You bring your own ammo. This is a great deal for the guns you get to shoot. No they are not mine, but I am putting the shoot together. We limit the number of shooters to keep it enjoyable. We have a few openings left. If you are seriously interested, call me at home in the evening. Gary. 503-579-6201

This is a list of the guns that will be available. Bring your own FACTORY ammo. NO reloads. These are some rare and very expensive guns.

9 MM: HK MP5, HK MP5 K, HK MP5 SD & UZI

45 ACP: HK UMP, Tommy Gun & M3 Grease Gun

.223: M-16 M4

7.62/39: AK-47 & Krinkov

.308: HK G-3

.308 Beltfed: 1919

And there will probably be some Tannerite to blow **** up with.

We should all try and bring targets. Or something to blow up. Large stuffed animals and watermelons are fun.

Gary.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Question

What if we have are own FA "stuff"? Think it would be a good time to network w/ some fellow HK guys. Only thing I could add that is not on your list is HK53 and full sized UZI set up in .45.

I will probably be up in that area shooting Fri, but if that did not work I was curious about meeting up w/ your group.

No sweat if you want to keep it to people putting into the rental fund and we can try to hook up another time. Be safe.

Brad

·
Registered
275 Posts
We did not get enough to sign up for the rental and cancled it. Bummer.
However a few of us guys are going to go up Saturday anyway and shoot our own toys. A couple will be up there by 10:00, but my son gets off work at 10 so we will be there by 11:30. Would love to have you join us. Always nice to meet new shooting friends. Try and make it if you can Brad. And anyone else also.

We will meet at the quarry up the road to Memaloose. If anyone needs directions, give me a call at home in the evenings. 503-579-6201
Gary.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aug. 25 --ZigZag

First off I just want to apologize for starting this thread and not being around enough to follow through. Just the usual "life got in the way while I was busy making plans". Anyway-- by absolute chance I am going to be able to sneak out all day Saturday 25, Aug. I KNOW, I KNOW !! plenty of notice right? Just thought I'd give anybody out there a chance to beat me over the head for my lack of follow through. :90: Then maybe put some rounds down range. Anyhow we'll be heading out by Mt. Hood off Lolo pass road. There is a nice spot about 3-4 miles in on the left side of the road. It's not visible from the road but just up the hill a bit. I'll try to put out a marker and I'll be on my "Talkabout" channel 3.1. We hope to see any who can make it.

Garrett

:13: :320000:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Missing another one!

Missed Hawaiian's shot last week. Ended up going up on Friday, the day before, w/ my brother in laws from out of town. Had a great time until my sear pack had some problems. But before it went south I got a chance to run the 93 in full, just recently I picked up the full-auto bolt carrier I needed for it. It was a lot of fun. It did not have problems until we put it back into the 53. I hope I have it dialed back in, but may need to send it away.

Be careful on MT. Hood tomorrow. Watch out for any Hood to Coast runners that might have taken a wrong turn. I'll be heading over Hood in the A.M. to go rafting, so will not make it. I haven't given up hope that the stars might align just right, so we can get a shoot put together.

Brad

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brad,

Are you going white water rafting? If so, where exactly? I haven't done that in a few years and am always on the lookout for more info on locations.

Garrett

P.S. Sorry about the short notice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The usual spot.

Just hit the Deschutes. Only go about once a year anymore. It is a good time. We just do the day trip over Box Car & Oaks Spring then take out at Sandy Beach.

Anybody have any future dates set to shoot? Keep in mind at least 23 hrs notice is a plus :)

Brad

·
Registered
27 Posts
...I'm in.

Not sure if anyone stops by here anymore, but if there is any interest...I'm in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
just a suggestion

pick a date time and place and put out a invite and toss it out there on a new thread and see who chimes in im sure the shoots will be small but its a start

i belong to another board and they are planning a really big shoot (usually over 100 people show up) in i think Feb i'll try to post here when the nail it down to a dtp

·
Registered
27 Posts
let us know

billbo,

Let us know when that other shoot is going to be. It would be fun to meet some locals.

Also, good call on the new thread. We will need to regroup in '08.

BC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts