HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was wandering through the boards and noticed this little item for sale. Just wondering if anyone has bought one and got it finished? Looking at buying one of these and finishing the built and then sending it off for paint.

Already have the trigger pack, housing, and 91 clubfoot stock with improved buffer laying around for another project.

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=3409417.7410*L_4yo3&p_id=02071&xm=on&ppinc=big

Looking forward to all comments.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One comment I was going to add:
This might be a good alternative for some owners out there. Instead of buying a 21, they could buy one of these rifles and then when C-mag comes out with the 100-round beta mags for the HK 91, you could buy a few of these and get a nice support firearm. Nice idea?

·
Registered
116 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
One comment I was going to add:
This might be a good alternative for some owners out there. Instead of buying a 21, they could buy one of these rifles and then when C-mag comes out with the 100-round beta mags for the HK 91, you could buy a few of these and get a nice support firearm. Nice idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is another reason why I need to buy a transferable sear pack.

Chris

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Nice idea.

ORF's caption states that the rails aren't included.
Does the factory Model 11 have the receiver rails?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to use PSG1 rails on this unit. You cannot use 21 rails because the tang goes under the feedbox mechanism. PSG rails are available from Ralph at RDTS, Jayson at IGF, and a few others.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not to be sarcastic but, for the $1400 upcharge over the bare G3 JLD receiver(the JLD receivers being worth $200), is it worth it?

Is the cocking tube and barrel shroud worth $1400? I can undertsand the price if it also included a barrel, but without one, it seems high to me?

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
According to the last page of their, HK Parts" listing, the trunion would be $399.95 of that cost.

As a side note, I don't think they should show the barrel in the picture because it states that it isn't included. I've never liked that at all.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most builds cost around 900-1,000 dollars for the gunsmithing. The only thing not included is the cost of painting. I figure they add about 150-200 dollars in premium for the build of this rifle.

I think it isn't too bad to have an assembled rifle that is already headspaced and ready to go, all you have to do in install the rest of the "parts kit".

Now for another part of the discussion! I have heard that HK21's with the G11 kit installed experience bolt bounce during firing. I have a 21 but do not have the G11 kit so never tried it.

Thanks. And I agree, if it isn't included, don't show it!

·
Super Moderator
1,197 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be sarcastic but, for the $1400 upcharge over the bare G3 JLD receiver(the JLD receivers being worth $200), is it worth it?

Is the cocking tube and barrel shroud worth $1400? I can undertsand the price if it also included a barrel, but without one, it seems high to me?

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a lot of work to "lengthen" the receiver to 11 specs, and to weld in the trunion and shroud. They also fabricate and weld on the bipod attachment points.

All in all, I thik it's a pretty good deal. His barrels are also pretty cheap.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sent in purchase request for one of these rifles. Will post field report after rifle has been completed. Ordered PSG1 rails to be installed on the rifle. Should be about 2-3 months before rifle is ready for the range.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sounds very interesting. We look forward
to your updates.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
164 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. At first glance I was like, "sweet!" but then saw the price and was, "damn!" Price seems high, especially when you add all the goodies to make look and feel as "original" as possible. I dunno, maybe just me but I think it's high.

Cheers,

·
Registered
164 Posts
That's true. If it works really well, like flawlessly, then I think it'll be worth the money. Regardless, they are cool looking!! Good luck to the buyers and PLEASE keep us posted!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay here is the order.

HK 11 receiver kit from Ohio Rapid Fire
PSG1 receiver rails installed
Picatinney rails fitted onto front shroud
1200 meter sights
Pictainney scope rail installed for Elcan sight
Plastic 0-1-20 trigger housing
21E cocking handle
Heavy 21E bipod
Paddle mag release
91 Clubfoot stock with heavy buffer system
91 carry handle
Port buffer
2 NIW barrels
Finished in HK Satin Black from Duracoat

Total cost about $2,700.00

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Let me ask, did you already have a bolt/carrier system, or did you omit it from your listing?

In either case, it looks like you got a good value. Hope things work out well.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Is this what it is going to cost or is that just an estimate of cost?You usually see these for about $4K when they available,so that is a good deal in my opinion.

Arent the 21 barrells around $600+ each?If thats the case,you will be over that?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that is a rounded price. Most of the parts are already in my inventory so my cost is a lot less than what someone might have to buy to complete a similiar built. The barrels were purchased for a lot, lot less than the price you quote.

Full auto bolt carrier is included in the package. Once the 11 build is finished, it will ready for my sear to be installed and go to the range and rock and roll. By the time the build will be complete, C-Mag will have come out with their 100-round beta mags for the HK 91. Perfect timing for our annual 4th of July shoot here in Alaska.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts