HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one tell me how much a 1989 new SP 89 was then, and what came in the box besides the gun. Was there a sight tool for instance?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I paid $950 for mine. But, it came with extra magazines and a case. No there was not a sight tool in the box. Manual, target, magazine, and pistol.

·
Banned
34,574 Posts
Originally $899.00 MSRP, then a $100.00 rebate!!! :eek:
Outer cardboard box (serialized), inner 2-piece, styrofoam box, manual, warranty card, 15-round magazine, HK SP89. :wink:
Test target? (I unsealed mine myself--- directly from HK--- I do not remember a test target). :confused:

Tony

·
Registered
228 Posts
For someone born in 1989 I don't think you guys know how jealous I am right now. $900 gets you either a functional AK clone, a crappy AR, or a Century HK now, I can't even imagine getting an actual factory HK rifle for $900, it just boggles the mind.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The worst part is when you have to sell yours. Then see what they are going for today.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For someone born in 1989 I don't think you guys know how jealous I am right now. $900 gets you either a functional AK clone, a crappy AR, or a Century HK now, I can't even imagine getting an actual factory HK rifle for $900, it just boggles the mind.
I bought (1985) my Pre 86 dealer sample MP5A3 directly from HK for 595.00. One 30 rd. mag, operator's manual, and yes another test target Tony.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Or $900 got you two sears with the tax paid when they were still $350 ... put most of the guys got them at $400 or $450 ... then again you got change back from your Dollar at McD's

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The $100 rebate kills me. I think thats a riot. I wonder what they will be worth in another decade and AWB??

·
Banned
34,574 Posts
I bought (1985) my Pre 86 dealer sample MP5A3 directly from HK for 595.00. One 30 rd. mag, operator's manual, and yes another test target Tony.
Now you are going to make me search through my HK SP89 paperwork to find a test target--- I just do not remember them!!! :wink:
I also unsealed my HK94's (KB) and do not remember test targets. :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
111 Posts
Now you are going to make me search through my HK SP89 paperwork to find a test target--- I just do not remember them!!! :wink:
I also unsealed my HK94's (KB) and do not remember test targets. :biggrin:

Tony
I think I still have it somewhere. I'll look. I even saved the original invoice that came with it from Obendorf. You got the 100.00 rebate on the SP89. Me nada.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts