HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stripped down to the bolt head and removed the extractor and spring that comes with the Coharie. I tried to slide on the original HK extractor that I got from Adam Webber.. and it sticks half way in.. metal to metal.

I thought it was something that was going to be a simple swap, is that not the case?

Is this a fluke? or are people going to the extreme of modifying the HK extractor or the clone bolt head?

If I can't use this, I guess I will try to get my money back.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I stripped down to the bolt head and removed the extractor and spring that comes with the Coharie. I tried to slide on the original HK extractor that I got from Adam Webber.. and it sticks half way in.. metal to metal.

I thought it was something that was going to be a simple swap, is that not the case?

Is this a fluke? or are people going to the extreme of modifying the HK extractor or the clone bolt head?

If I can't use this, I guess I will try to get my money back.
If you can't, you could always get a german bolt head.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm guessing one of the two parts is out of spec. Care to guess which one?

For my money, always attempt to modify the least expensive/most abundant part. However, I would not choose to modify an in-spec part to work with an out of spec one. That's bass-ackwards.

Case in point, I bought a 94 clone that would only accept the one clone mag it came with which was made by You Know Who. The question then was do I choose to modify all the genuine HK mags that I have to fit the one out of spec gun, or do I modify the gun to properly work with all the in-spec HK mags and then the single clone mag doesn't fit right?

You guessed it, I modified the out of spec gun so that all the genny HK mags fit and worked properly while the single out of spec clone mag gathers dust. FWIW, the mod was a simple matter of carefully filing down the "pimple" on the bottom of the trunion until the in-spec mags would lock in place.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
My coharie CA94 had a out of spec bolt head too.

I had the opposite issue with mine, the extractor had a crap load of movement when in place plus the piece of sh*t bolt had a ton of up/down/horizontal movement on the locking piece.

Long story short the above issues will lead to chewed up brass and failure to ejects...

I called Adam and installed a HK German Action 3 bolt head and HK ejector, voila, now this guns runs 100 %. I havent had a failure since and I hardly ever clean it and shoot in all weather.

The people at Coharie are really corrupt in my opinion to sell these guns with such crappy parts inside. The only thing I can say in their defense is that after a few sub-standard parts are switched out they make a solid receiver with nice welds, in-spec 3lug barrel and okay finish.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was able to put a HK extractor in my SW5 with no problem. It was built in 2000.

Hope things work out.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I was able to put a HK extractor in my SW5 with no problem. It was built in 2000.

Hope things work out.
Ditto on all points. Including the 2000 SW5. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts