HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the story about this Atlantic Firearms offering?

Was this a one time deal. This has been a page under their HK section for quite a while.

It's sold out, but states that it's an Original German HK rifle in a SBR configuration.

H&K MP5 9MM SBR

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

H&K MP5 9mm SBR

Description:
H&K MP5 9mm SBR " Short Barrel Rifle" With Collapsing stock , Original German HK rifle in a SBR configuration . Condition rated NRA Good

·
Registered
332 Posts
i emailed them for you . GB has a original FBI model for sale, 10mm converted to 45acp, buy it now for $80,000 .

this one would be a steal at $30,000 ! ill keep you posted if AF. emails me back .

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Well there have been rumors about a handful of 'real' MP5s in the wild right? My dealer said word has it there's about 5.
If that was a pre '68 transferable HK MP5 I would think that would be a lot closer to six figures kind of collectable. Something iconic as a factory transferable MP5 would be such a sot after gun. I could see crazy #s at an auction. Something like that would be well advertised as a transferrablr factory machinegun, if that were true. YMMV.

Scott

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's advertised as an SBR, not a machinegun, for a reason. Because it's not a machinegun.

The colossal shelf gives that away anyway.

That thing has been out of stock forever.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
They keep stuff on their site long after it is unavailable. I found that out several years ago when I called them on an AK. The guy on the phone was sort of a douche, but my experiences with them after that have been far better.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If in fact it was remarked:

The confusion over this is one of the primary reasons I oppose remarking, or masking the original identity of a gun to make it appear to be something that it isn't.

It's NOT a HK GmbH MP5. It never was, and it never will be.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The confusion over this is one of the primary reasons I oppose remarking, or masking the original identity of a gun to make it appear to be something that it isn't.

It's NOT a HK GmbH MP5. It never was, and it never will be.

I fully agree with this, it is a bit like lipstick on a pig and also does not add anything to the purpose of the gun. I am a very doctrinal gun user, so everything has to have a sense on the tool for the job and is mission and role related, so this "dressing up guns" like a barbie doll is very bizarre to me, especially since the modifications often lead to a worse gun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts