HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used P2000SK V3 in .40 and the outside barrel had some 30% areas of the black gone to very faint silver. How many rounds for this to occur? The previous owner claim it was shot 50-100 rounds but did not shoot well for him. My estimate is 300+ but under 500. Test ammo case envlope is dated 07/27/06. I tried it today, after a two hour cleaning on Saturday, with 80 rounds of 165gr white box Winchester. Never a miss step and is extremely accurate.

I'm still better with my 1997 USPC .45, but will keep both.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Try and post a pic...

But my P2000's (9000 rds 9mm & 850 rds .357SIG) hardly have ANY wear on the barrels and accuracy is still top notch.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I don't know how many but I can damned well tell you it is a hell of a lot more than 50-100 rounds. I would guess at least 500 to 1000 rounds for 30% of the barrel finish to have been worn off. There is absolutely no wear showing on my P2K .40 barrel and I shot it about 200 rounds before retiring it to collection status.
Even if it has a few thousand rounds through it that is nothing for a P2K so I wouldn't worry about the round count. The only thing that raises a flag to me is the blatant lie that it only has 50-100 rounds through it. BS on that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
With proper maintenance and slight oil on the outside of barrel, mine show minimal wear and a USPc has in excess of 3k through it. HK barrels don't wear on the outside very easily.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I lube all mine with a thin coat of Break Free before they are stored or carried. I would also guess the round count is higher than stated. If you are concerned have it refinished with Robar's excellent NP3 teflon gray coating. You will hardly see any wear after that. I have a SIG 220 and 228 barrels redone and they look great, clean up is a breeze also since the teflon is built into the finish.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I shoot 50 rounds a week for the last year. So, that's 2600 rounds.
My barrel has only faint lightening of the finish treatment.

So he either ran it dry, or fired a hell of a lot more than claimed.

·
Registered
221 Posts
With proper maintenance and slight oil on the outside of barrel, mine show minimal wear and a USPc has in excess of 3k through it. HK barrels don't wear on the outside very easily.
+1 mine have been shot between 1500-2500 and show almost no wear...with proper maintenance

·
Registered
23 Posts
I must not be maintaining mine properly, because my wear is noticable. :(

I ALWAYS keep a light film of FP-10 on the barrel... is the FP-10 not doing a good enough job?

·
Registered
33 Posts
About 2,000 rounds at about 250 per range trip.

Militec-1

Also, does this sight alignment look to be within the normal range? I've never been able to shoot this one nearly as accurately as my other HKs, but it might just be me and the gun itself (don't own any other compact firearms).

·
Registered
802 Posts
The 2 hours of cleaning might have removed some of the finish. It doesn't even take me 2 hours to do a detail strip and clean the gun.

It's a semi-auto. It's got parts that rub metal on metal. If you don't want the gun to wear, don't touch it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
About 2,000 rounds at about 250 per range trip.

Militec-1

Also, does this sight alignment look to be within the normal range? I've never been able to shoot this one nearly as accurately as my other HKs, but it might just be me and the gun itself (don't own any other compact firearms).

Mine looks exactly like this - so I guess I have nothing to worry about (1820 rounds down the pipe).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cleaning and wear

MMM, owned guns since 14 and now 62, I learned how to care and clean guns. my outside barrel wear has a lot less wear than the photos in the previous photos. After 100 rounds and learning the P2000SK .40, the last 30 rounds were all in the black at 21ft. The last owner claimed it did not shoot accurate.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
USPC

Let me add, my USPc has less barrel wear, maybe due to keeping it lubed and miltec treatment. Belive the past owner may have not with SK. I am better with the uspc .45 however had it many years. Do like the new sk .40 buy for $550. Now have winter and summer wardrobe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts