HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an oversize mag release for H&K USPs? I like everything about the USP series ( having 12 of them) except the mag release. I don't know why but even flipping a 1911 and pushing the buttom with my thumb seems more natural and I don't own a 1911. I have been wondering if the release "buttons" on the USP were larger would it be better. I drop the mag with the middle finger on my right hand which alllows me to maintain my grip and ready position of trigger finger. Has any one made or experimented with a different mag release for the USP? I am also wondering about a larger button increasing the chances of accidentally dropping the mad unintentionally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
earlier usps (my kf usp has one) had a larger mag release than the current model usps...i find it better and easier to manipulate than my ae code usp, but i think hk reduced the size to avoid accidental mag release.

maybe someone, or an hk armorer, has an earlier release available?

·
Registered
165 Posts
3 of my 5 HK's have the earlier larger mag release levers. They now reside on the 40C and two 40F.

I'd love to have the larger release levers on ALL my HK USP guns. To me, it works much better/easier than the "dowsized" version now currently available.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Honestly, how much shooting do you plan on doing during a mag change? Hit the mag release with your trigger finger like it was designed for and you'll see that it is possibly the best designed mag release ever made. You don't have to change your grip one bit to do it and it makes off-hand mag changes super simple even.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I can operate the system so much faster than anything else I shoot. It is perhaps one of the best systems out there IMHO>

However, an oversized "competition" option would be an great add to the platform. After an hour of heavy shooting where I am through 30 mags changes or something my fingures get sore. (we ussually short load our mags with unknown round counts and move through our COF reacting with our failure drills ect. We will also load in a bunch of dud rounds (actual rounds that dont have a primer) and those require us to punch through with our tap and rack.

Anyways.. back on point. I think I hear something about one of the TEAM HK guys working on a side project like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts