HKPRO Forums banner

Would you be interested in buying a bolt action 9mm that utilizes an MP5-SD can?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Knight's MP5-SD suppressor and it works great on my SD. I've always wanted another host to use it on and I may be on the track of a possibility.

The Novem 9mm bolt actions built by Special Interest Arms on an Armscor .22 TCM rifle would be pretty cool with an SD suppressor. I am looking at doing a version with a permanently affixed 'cage' to bring the barrel length out to 16" and avoiding the SBR hassle. The suppressor would fit down in the cage and screw in just like on a standard SD. The threads for the can and the ports will be well forward of the chamber...we will need to see how that affects velocity and sound. Here are some basics about the conversions:
Special Interest Arms - Novem 9mm

I told Richard at SIA that I would post a thread to gauge interest over here. Pricing will depend on volume and some other factors. Just post if you might be interested. Please only respond if you have an MP5-SD suppressor or are planning on getting one in the near future.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I actually told my FFL who also has a SIG store to get the barrel for the MPX threaded to M18X1 to accept my SD can. He does an integrally suppressed MPX and the SD fits the hand-guard. Since it could come as pistol, I think it would be pretty cool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts