HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didn't find my answer so here's a HK rookie question.

I saw a local ad for a lnib used P2000 .357 at a pretty decent price. With the .357 phased out will there be a problem getting magazines in the future? I've seen ads for .357 mags and for .40 mags so I'm guessing the .40 mag doesn't work with the .357 SIG.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
The .40 mag is the same as the .357 sig mag, only different markings. The .357 Sig round is a necked down .40 cal.

The P2000 is a great pistol. I have all pistols HK made in .357 Sig and like them all.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
854 Posts
357SIG is a great round in the USPc platform...I am sure likewise it works well with the P2K...only issue I had was the ammo cost locally being double what .40s&w runs and the reloading equipment (dies and brass mainly) being obscenely overpriced...I sold my conversion barrel for my USPc for those reasons alone...

+1 on the mags...I never had any issues with a .40 mag running 457sig and vice versa...aside from the markings they are identical pieces

·
Registered
147 Posts
way back in the day when the USPC first came out in 357SIG, I bought one. everyone else at work bought it in .40 (that was our caliber at the time).
i was unable to source spare 357marked mags so i just bought a dozen of the .40 mags and they all worked just fine.
i bought the P2000 when it first came out in 357SIG and all the mags worked fine in that too.

buy 40 marked mags with confidence.
357sig ammo isnt much more expensive if you buy in bulk.
i haven't priced it since i switched my department over to 357sig, but i just got price lists from winchester and ultramax and will be ordering ammo so i guess i will see how much of a markup is out there for retail compared to state prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts