HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the itch again...a local shop just got in a P2000 V3 in .357 Sig and I'm seriously considering it. They're asking $675...comes with 2 mags, no night sights. I handled it a little bit and I really like it. The decocker on the back of the slide seems like a pretty solid idea to me.

My problem is, I have a PSP on layaway already in this same shop.

Should I trade in my SK in .40 for the .357 or keep the SK and buy the .357 too? I haven't been shooting the SK as much lately, since I've decided that I like the DA/SA trigger better than the LEM. Curse this addiction!

gratuitous SK photo:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I say get them both. I have the P2KSK in 357sig for those hot days where you want a small gun and light clothing. After all, you can never have too many guns, especially HKs...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Getting them both is always the best option but based on your post I would say sell your SK and pick up the P2000. If you are not shooting the gun that much and prefer the V3 then it makes sense to sell it. The LEM trigger is nice but I sold mine for a V3 and am happy with my decision.
You can also buy a spare .40 barrel for the P2000 and then shoot both calibers out of the same gun (as they also use the same mags).
The .357sig is a very fun and accurate round to shoot. They are not making them anymore which is another reason to pick one up.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The SK is going to be a little easier to conceal as a carry gun but the regular P2000 is more comfortable to shoot & has a few more rounds . Either way you can buy a extra barrel from HK so you can shoot 40 S&W & .357 Sig out of the same gun. I have a P2000 with both barrels & it is very accurate in .357 & has no noticeable muzzle flash with Gold Dot ammo. In my opinion the .357 Sig is easier to shoot than the 40 S&W but then again the .357 is a lighter round.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I went and put the P2000 on layaway, and I've also decided to keep the SK for now. I'll probably buy a .40 barrel for the 2000 later on.
Regarding the barrel swap, does the reverse apply for my SK? Can I buy a .357 barrel for it and drop it in?

Hi. My name is Tim, and I'm an HK addict. :410:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah the .40sw and .357sig can be interchanged. Going from one or the other to one or the other.

Dont quote me on this, since I dont know if it's the same with HK. But, with Sig's you can also go from .40sw or .357sig to 9mm as well. Of course you'd have to get 9mm mags along with the barrel, but you still have the option. You cant however go from 9mm to .40sw or .357sig. You can go down in size, but not up. I'm not sure how well an HK would handle the change since the USP's had trouble with the .357sig round.

I would imagine it's the same with HK, but just to be safe, if that's something your looking into, double check before going that route.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I have a P2K in 40 and I want to change to 357 Sig. I like my 357 229 and want to keep the same bullet. I called HK and they said that if I change barrels that it wold void my warantee, even if I bought one from them.
Firestar (sp) sells them and I'm probably going to change.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I say dump the SK, and get the V3 P2k. If you like the V3, then I would eventually replace the SK with a V3 model in your choice of caliber. The 357 sig P2K V3 of which I have two, has become my primary CCW. I could not be happier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts