HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older(2004) P2000 40cal. She has been in holsters for the last 12 years, & at least 8,000 rds, in many climates. I wanted to just say a word of praise for this fine gun; shoots straight & true, function is flawless, & the smooth ergonomics make for very easy carry. The wear from untold hours in holsters, draw practice , & sweaty waistbands. has only given her more character. Though I own many handguns- and several fantastic customs.

I bet my life on this ol' gal...

·
Registered
345 Posts
I feel the same about mine.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Nice, I am a fellow p2000 .40 carrier, mine is v2, a police trade actually. Although I have other HK guns this is still the default choice for carry. Maybe I should get around to another for a matched set.

P30 always seemed larger than I would want to carry, same thing for VP. SK guns are nice but the regular p2000 fits neatly in the middle.

Shockwave

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Nice, I am a fellow p2000 .40 carrier, mine is v2, a police trade actually. Although I have other HK guns this is still the default choice for carry. Maybe I should get around to another for a matched set.

P30 always seemed larger than I would want to carry, same thing for VP. SK guns are nice but the regular p2000 fits neatly in the middle.

Shockwave
+1
I've actually got identical twin factory P2000 357s.
One just wasn't enough - LOL :cool:

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
My P2000 was my 2nd to last gun purchase and grew to be one of my favorites. It's beating out my P30sk as a carry gun. I've only had t for a short time but I love this little V2 LEM gun.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love my P2K .40/357S

Bought it used for a song ($400, carried often, shot little), then went about upgrading it:

Before:

After:

I carry it AIWB in a Vedder "Lighttuck". I reload for both .40 and 357S (and 30+ other calibers) and reloading 357S is just about as cheap as 9mm, so that's the caliber I shoot the most in it.

Chuck

·
Registered
794 Posts
I agree with what the others said so well. I EDC a P2000 V3 40cal and it is my hands down primary and favorite pistol. The P2000 really does it all. Small enough and sleek to easily hide yet large enough to be a serious fighting pistol. All with HK quality. I see nothing out there that could replace my P2000 pistols.

Bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
image.jpeg
This is my ol' gal.
I see I'm not the only one who depends on a P2K. This gun doesn't get the love & respect it deserves.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree. The P2000 is an outstanding combat pistol that conceals well. I carry my 9mm P2000 factory V1 IWB.
Mine is factory DA/SA but I put a reduced (12lb) Wolf spring in to make that first DA better. I have been very happy with it , put enough rounds down to get adjusted On SA, it has become very fast for me, but that's probably from lots of practice. Even though it is a 40, doesn't feel so different than my 9's. I've not had any issues with speed or accuracy with the HK P2K in 40. 12 + 1 rds is conforatable for me- no worries ( at times I carry 2 spare mags for 24 more rds).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts