HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to this forum and i just purchased a new P2000 v3 .40cal and i was wondering how does this gun compare to the new sig p250 or any sig? Im only gonna own one gun so i wanted to buy the best out there and for it to be an all around weapon so did i make the right choice?

·
Registered
32 Posts
IMHO one all around gun is not really posible with any gun. What will you be using the gun for? As far as Sigs go, I think Sigs are great guns. The P250 is a completely new platform for guns I think is a good idea on paper. However, since I reside in Ca, I have not been able to shoot it yet. However, the P250 is only available in 9mm right now. So if you want a .40 cal. you'll have to try something else Sig offers (P226, P220 or P239) or wait until Sig manufactures the P250 in .40 cal. I have both Sig and HK and belive they're both excellent weapons. I'd bet my life on either one of them. Do yourself a favor and try to shoot both before you buy and make an objective choice for yourself. Or buy one of each and forget the one gun madness:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
The HK P2000 is an excellent gun. It is a great platform for the .40 S&W caliber.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Well IMO the P250 doesn't compare with other SIGs to begin with, except maybe the SIG-Pro. It's polymer frame and DAO trigger is not typical compared to most other popular SIG models (220,226,229).

Anyway, I feel the HK is still the better of the two. The P250's DAO trigger felt like crap when I handled it. For a daily carry weapon, it's hard to beat the HK P2000.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cant go wrong with Sig or HK IMO.

I'm a Sig guy first and HK second, but I would have made the same choice you did. I much prefer the P220, 226, 229 etc to the P250. The 'classic' models are what a Sig truly is IMO.

Either way, enjoy the HK for a while, and when you want something else, because you will, get a 'classic' Sig.

Enjoy your new pistol!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love both Sigs and Hks because they are just great pistols. I personally like the traditional Sig and have never cared for their polymer guns. They just don't feel right to me however they are quality pistols. Either way buy what fits you best because they are quality guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts