HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a P2000 in 9mm or .357sig. The only handgun I have at the moment is a Glock 19. Does the .357sig have alot of benefits over the 9mm.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You already have a 9mm.

Go with the .357. You will NOT be disappointed. Search this forum and you'll see the rave reviews.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is this a carry gun? I think 9mm will serve you just fine. Using premium ammo, expecially +p 9mm, .357 Sig is not much more than 10% more in speed and energy. Compare the +P+ Winchester Ranger to a similar .357 Sig round. Also, the Sig cartridge is actually a .355 bullet...so it should have been named 9mm Sig Magnum or something.

If you shoot alot, get the 9mm. If you want more power in a carry gun, I'd prefer a .40 S&W.

I carry a USP .45f converted to LEM as my primary duty gun as a police officer in the Midwest. My off duty and court gun is a P2000sk 9mm with LEM. I like the 9mm in the smaller p2000sk. We use Speer Gold Dots, which is excellent ammo.

I also reload both calibers. Both are very easy. It is really easy to find nice one-fired 9mm brass at my local private range.

·
Registered
616 Posts
its tough to compare these two cartridges 357 sig is a completely different beast than 9mm. I would definitely get acquainted with 357 sig before you even think about carrying one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you going to shoot alot, get the 9mm - ammo will be a whole lot cheaper and easier to find. I don't see any use for the 357 Sig. If you want more power shoot +p9mm.

I think you only have a big increase in power when shooting the 357 SIG in the lighter 115 grain loads where over 600 ft/lbs is possible.

If your not going to shoot it alot (or can afford a bunch of ammo) and need the extra power go for it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The only way to go!!

I am thinking about getting a P2000 in 9mm or .357sig. The only handgun I have at the moment is a Glock 19. Does the .357sig have alot of benefits over the 9mm.
The .357 Sig is head and shoulders above the 9mm.

Try it- you'll like it!!

ARKAY

·
Registered
46 Posts
.357SIG --- if you want something stimulating shot after shot, probably giving you some CDI factor at the range

Wound effectiveness 9mm vs .357SIG? ---- practically the same

You can get more penetration and adequate expansion from any well-designed 9mm 147gr JHP such as Winchester Ranger Talon (RA9T) and Speer Gold Dot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
A while back, was able to shoot with some Pres. Secret Serv. guys who were issued Sig229 in .357Sig (before going to FN5.7)- I was using 9mm. We shot lots of steel and there was no comparison in the downrange preformance. The .357Sig round impressed me so much I had to get one. I rec. Speer GoldDot 125gr.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts