HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired my p2000 .40 cal v2 lem for the first time yesterday and it is a difficult caliber/pistol to shoot. my shots were scattered but that was because i realized i was using wrong for. I then did the proper isosceles and i had a better group. i then moved to the springfield xd 9 sub compact and compact and shot a whole lot better than i did with the .40 at my best. is it that the .40 cal is just a bit difficult to master or do i have to practice more? it does kick a lot harder. i am thinking maybe i should have purchased the 9mm p2000. I purchased my p2000 .40 blind. I fired the usp compact 9mm and loved it. I dont think the p2000 in 9mm would be any different than its ambidextrous and ergonomic grip. I will practice more with the .40 cal because in the end, my group got better. plus theres that trade off, more stopping power = more recoil. But then again I also fired the xd45 tactical and i should almost as good as the xd9's. I just believe that the .40 cal is just harder to master. i will practice more.

W

·
0 Posts
I personally find p2000 vers.2 difficult to group well beyond 15 yards. I use the 9mm as a sevice pistol, and I only ran 200 rnds through it. I think its just a matter of practice, practice, and finally practice. I liked the fact that the trigger resets within 7mm of travel but it was difficult to get that into my hard head!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Hmmm shot placement means alot more than the old "stopping power" arguement. I will stick to my 9mm that I am far more accurate with then a snappy 40 that I am not as accurate with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts