HKPRO Forums banner

Backstrap Install n P2000

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which backstrap are y'all running on your P2000.

I installed the large today and I'm finding that the gun indexs much better from presentation and draw.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wifes P2000sk only came with 2 backstraps, one on the gun and one in the case. Manual shows 4 total, did she get all she was supposed to get? My HK45c only had two also?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I never changed the medium backstrap that was already on my P2k. I have huge piano playing hands (long fingers) and I always felt that the smaller the grip the better.

·
Registered
570 Posts

I installed the large today and I'm finding that the gun indexs much better from presentation and draw.
This is something that is pretty much a personal preferance, I started out with the large, switched to the medium, and now the small, I'll go out and shoot a couple hundred rounds and compare targets, I'm going to stick with whichever gives me the best accuracy,right now the small may be the winner.. As someone who owns a couple other handguns with removable backstraps, (M&P's) I can honestly say that the backstrap that feels good at home, often is'nt the one you will shoot best with, You'll have to try the backstrap you like with live fire, take a punch with you, and try the medium and small as well, you'll figure out which one is right for you..

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wifes P2000sk only came with 2 backstraps, one on the gun and one in the case. Manual shows 4 total, did she get all she was supposed to get? My HK45c only had two also?

Yes, all the compacts come with only 2 backstraps to my knowledge. The manual is generalized for the P-series and the P2000 has 4.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I shoot better with the XL...
I hated how the P2000 looks with the XL on, ...but....
I shoot better with the XL... ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Started out with medium which is what the gun came with. Recently switched to large. The difference between medium and large isn't a whole lot to me ie the gun feels good in the hand either way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use the large on mine, it made a big difference over the medium.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a like new large which I will swap for the medium

I would be happy to swap a like new large with a medium of the same quality. I can use the large but the mag release would be just that much more comfrotable for myself and my wife as well as we cross license.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
231 Posts

Different backstrap sizes do make a difference in where your finger lands on the trigger. I've found my split times and consistency from shot to shot improves with the correct size. A shot timer is a great tool in determining which size works best.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Or you could phrase the question as follows.
What size would you estimate your hands and fingers to be?

A. Shaq size, I can palm a basketball and need an XL back strap.
B. Average size, l look cool crushing a beer can though. L & M back strap.
C. Billy Barty size, my fingers look more like smoked sausage links. S back strap.

Just for the record, I crush a lot of beer cans!

·
Registered
284 Posts
In the revised operator’s manual dated 2/7/2017 they swapped the medium and large size backstraps. The medium is still standard but it’s the strap labeled L.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts