HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a P2000 a few months ago and recently I just noticed some odd marks on the finish near the ejection port (see picture with the marks noted in the red area.) It almost looks like copper fouling got on the slide, but it didn't come off with some Hoppes #9. It's not pitted, and the gun has been stored in a dry area so I can't imagine its rust but I just don't know. Any ideas? I'm not a handgun appearance perfectionist, but if its rust I want to make sure to stop it before it spreads.

IMG_1226.JPG

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I purchased a P2000 a few months ago and recently I just noticed some odd marks on the finish near the ejection port (see picture with the marks noted in the red area.) It almost looks like copper fouling got on the slide, but it didn't come off with some Hoppes #9. It's not pitted, and the gun has been stored in a dry area so I can't imagine its rust but I just don't know. Any ideas? I'm not a handgun appearance perfectionist, but if its rust I want to make sure to stop it before it spreads.

View attachment 71938
Everyone has neglected to mention that it will come off if you give those marks some extra attention with most any bore cleaner.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Nice! I have those brass marks on mine, and tried bore cleaner, but didn't work. At least I know I can get them off now though. Thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Leave it alone. It doesn't hurt anything. People with overly clean guns are weenies. ;)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I get those brass kisses on a few different pistols of mine. They don't really bother me but every so often when cleaning a pistol with them I clean them off. Even Hoppes NO 9 gun bore cleaner in the bottle will remove them though you may need to leave it dabbed on for a while, maybe even overnight. Otherwise leave on for 10 minutes or so, brush with a old toothbrush for a bit and repeat if needed. I have a bottle of Pro-Shot copper remover that also removes them fairly quickly.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Looks like brass marks, should come off with some CLP and some elbow grease.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

1 - 10 of 10 Posts