HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever seen a P2000 break in half? I have! I cant figure out how to post pics, but if someone shoots me their email I can send you some interesting pics and you can post them up. It was a result of an ATV accident. The pistol broke just behind the trigger guard. The grip with the magazine still in it was found a couple of yards from where he fell. The good news is his serpa retained the upper half!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah... ripping a gun in half while on a ATV/MC will destroy it. This is why I like IWB vs OWB especially on an open vehicle where it can get messed up... less chance of this happening. Costly avoidable mistake.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Have your associate contact HK. It's likely all the pistol needs is a replacement frame (I believe approx $150) and a thorough inspection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gun belongs to the agency so they will prob just throw it in a box and give him a new one.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Figured it was CBP. Better than flipping in a raptor I guess.

I'm interested to see the specific fracture/stress points. Any material is going to snap with enough amount of force - curious how an alloy or steel frame would have fared.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
A more important question is how is he after suffering an accident that was able to destroy the frame of his sidearm. Doing okay I hope?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a couple of scrapes and bruises. The good Lord was watching over him that day! Ive emailed the photos to a couple of guys, hopefully they will be up soon.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Sorry it took so long. I work nights so I was sleeping all day. Here are ADGM's pics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool thanks for posting them for me. My laptop took a dump and all I have is my phone. They think it was his baton that did it. If you look at the last pic you can see the csb is right next to the holster. It must of put a heck of a lot of torque on that pistol to snap it like that. Blackhawk should use this to show how strong that serpa really is!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts