HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been been looking at P2000's. Can't decide if I like the LEM trigger or not since I have never shot one. But I don't like the location of the decocker on the SA/DA. Anybody that has one, did you look at both? Anymore thoughts about this?

·
Registered
616 Posts
The LEM is a love it or hate it trigger type. I personally dont see the advantage of not using the LEM if you cant carry cocked and locked. However, many have tried the LEM and just couldnt stand it.

The other thing you have to look at is how often are you going to need to decock the pistol? You rack the slide decock and dont have to do that again until after the next time you unload the pistol.

I originally chose the LEM because I wanted a consistent trigger pull of a SA, but during practice I would fail to disengage the safety when was C&L about 1/20 times. I decided with my luck that was to often, so I got a consistent pull that I loved from the minute I shot it the first time, and dont have to deal with the safety lever (but you dont have that problem)

I will warn you about one thing...if you get used to the LEM it really makes shooting any other type of trigger feel VERY different. I dont know if I would go LEM if I carried anything else that was a different trigger type.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would prefer the SA/DA but I just don't like where the decocker is. Maybe I need to look at something different. There just aren't a lot of smaller size pistols that I like and that will also fit my hand.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would prefer the SA/DA but I just don't like where the decocker is. Maybe I need to look at something different. There just aren't a lot of smaller size pistols that I like and that will also fit my hand.
Sig has a few that have DA/SA and are smaller.

Its probably going to be hard to find a range that has a LEM gun to rent. I would say if you have your heart set on DA/SA then the LEM isnt for you, but if value a more consistant trigger pull and really have your heart set on the P2000 than the LEM might be the way to go. I would read as much as you can about the LEM to get a better feel about it for the time being.

·
Registered
373 Posts
"I will warn you about one thing...if you get used to the LEM it really makes shooting any other type of trigger feel VERY different. I dont know if I would go LEM if I carried anything else that was a different trigger type."

I think that's the best advice I've read.

·
Registered
66 Posts
"I will warn you about one thing...if you get used to the LEM it really makes shooting any other type of trigger feel VERY different. I dont know if I would go LEM if I carried anything else that was a different trigger type."

x2 Because I carry a full size LEM, I'm going to convert my compact to LEM as well. Variant 1 just doesn't feel the seem anymore. . .

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

That is what my problem was with my LEM P2K. I would shoot the LEM ALOT then shoot my DA/SA handguns and it was a bit difficult to adjust. I sold the LEM but am planning on getting another with the V3 trigger.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I have a DA/SA P2000 and a P2000SK with the LEM. When I bought the P2000sk I had never shot one with the LEM and had my doubts that I would like it. However, after shooting it I must say that I really like it alot. It has a very nice feel to the trigger. I would recommend trying one before deciding on the DA/SA now to anyone.

·
Registered
616 Posts
another option is the usp compact series.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive already have 2 USPs. I was just looking for something different. Dont want a Glock, have a few SIGs, and havent really seen anything else I like. Anyone know what the price at CDNN is for a 9mm P2000 right now?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ive already have 2 USPs. I was just looking for something different. Dont want a Glock, have a few SIGs, and havent really seen anything else I like. Anyone know what the price at CDNN is for a 9mm P2000 right now?
I believe the P2000 is $659. The only carry the gun with the V3 trigger. The P2000sk is $679.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Im pretty sure one of your local dealers will have a USP or P2000 in lem...just try the trigger out before you make any decisions, that way you wont waste your money either way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts