HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is a definate rookie question. What is the difference between the different trigger groups (atleast im assuming thats what they are.)? Also, how do I tell which one my gun has? Thanks for the help.

-Brandon

·
Registered
140 Posts
From one rookie to another ;) :

http://www.heckler-koch.de/HKWebText/detailProd/1925/116/4/21

The P2000 Trigger Variants

P2000:
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the hammer and centrally arranged de-cocking lever for firing in the SA/DA mode.

P2000 V1:
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the hammer, with a constant trigger pull (Combat Defence Action/LEM trigger of 20 Newtons) from the first shot to the last, without de-cocking.

P2000 V2:
Like P2000 V1, however (LEM) CDA trigger pull 32.5 Newton (7.3 pounds).

P2000 V3:
Conventional SA/DA trigger and hammer, with de-cocking.

P2000 V4:
Like P2000 V1, however CDA/LEM trigger pull 27.5 Newton (6.18 pounds).

P2000 V5:
Double Action only (DAO), trigger pull approximately 35 Newton (7.87 pounds).
Not all variants available in some regions.

Do you have the original box/case the pistol was shipped in? It should be shown on the label that is typically on the end of the box/case.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
In the US there are only two variants commonly available, V2 with the LEM 8 pound pull and the V3 which is SA/DA with the decocker. If there is no decocker tab next to the hammer and the gun is not SA/DA, then it more than likely is the V2 LEM. If it has the decocker then it is the V3 which is not an LEM trigger.
In order to have one of the other variants it would have to have been either converted by HK or special ordered that way, both of which is not that likely. Also, on the case it should say what variant it is.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for both reponses guys. im at work right now till 6pm (been here since 6am monday) so I wont be able to check until tonight. I'm pretty sure I dont remember a decocking lever, so I'm guessing V2 LEM. I will double check tonight and let you guys know. Thanks again.

-Brandon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts