HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how you guys are adapting to the reset of the P2000/P30. Is anyone competing IDPA with these pistols and if so how has it been? I have both a USPc 9mm and a P30 and find that the reset on the USPc is about half of the length of the P30. When you guys are firing the P2000/P30 are looking for the reset on follow ups or just letting off the trigger completely and prepping for the next shot?

I find myself completely letting off the trigger after each shot with the P30 since the reset is basically all the way at the beginning of the trigger pull. Firing both the USPc and P30 back to back I notice that I can pull off faster follow ups with the USPc because of the reset (even with the higher bore axis). Just was wondering what everyones experiences and thoughts were.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just curious to see how you guys are adapting to the reset of the P2000/P30. Is anyone competing IDPA with these pistols and if so how has it been? I have both a USPc 9mm and a P30 and find that the reset on the USPc is about half of the length of the P30. When you guys are firing the P2000/P30 are looking for the reset on follow ups or just letting off the trigger completely and prepping for the next shot?

I find myself completely letting off the trigger after each shot with the P30 since the reset is basically all the way at the beginning of the trigger pull. Firing both the USPc and P30 back to back I notice that I can pull off faster follow ups with the USPc because of the reset (even with the higher bore axis). Just was wondering what everyones experiences and thoughts were.
Bump cause I am curious as well.

I do wish there was a better reset for the P2000. I wish it was as nice as the reset on the USP series of guns.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Am I alone in thinking that saying that the reset on a USP is good in comparison is kinda sad? The reset on USP's is nothing to write home about, hearing that the P30 and 2000 triggers make that look good in comparison really does not make me want to rush out the store and buy one...I love my HK's but for the most part not for their triggers. With all their fantastic engineering the new hk guns should have reset's closer to say a p99as or an m&p buy now IMHO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm using my P2000 9mm LEM for IDPA, but I'm a novice so I really don't notice the reset as being long. I do not let the trigger all the way out though. I have noticed I'm the only P2000/USP shooter at my club. There is one guy who shoots a P7M8, and everyone else is using a 1911, Glock or XD.

·
Banned
77 Posts
+1 for a1class3.

HK's are great, but the triggers are usually a let down. I honestly believe that they will keep on working after being dropped in mud/sand/cow poo, but they're not really the most competitive triggers around.

On the other hand, I had an LEM setup in my USP40c a while ago, and I could still manage to shoot the IDPA classifier (SSP) in expert time. But the gun has fired many many rounds and everthing on that baby is as smooth as it comes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, while I love the new H&K handguns ergonomics, looks, and slimness(P2000/P30) I find myself keeping my USPc 9mm on my hip because of the reset. While it not the best reset I can still shoot it pretty fast and accurate out to 15 yds. I don't know what internal changes there are between these series that made the reset longer and I have no idea why H&K would do that.

I am hoping that since the upcoming HK45c will be using the USPc internals that it will have the same reset.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Remember, these are duty guns, and thus expected to be used wearing glowes. That´s the reason for the slack before the SA´s let-off, I´d dare to guess.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gloves or no gloves....these guns...all of them....should have decent triggers.

HK can push the tactical/SWAT/Operator/muddy gun angle all they want in their marketing....

The last agency I worked for rejected the USP series because of the trigger; specifically that horrendous double action pull. Our "smaller statured" officers could barely make the thing go off....especially when doing support/weakhand shooting.

The LEM is a start in the right direction.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the Light LEM on all my guns and love this trigger. I can shoot it better than pretty much any type of trigger out there....and I've tried alot! I guess I'm just really used to it. I guess with my P30 I'm going to have to get used to completely releasing the trigger after each shot and get ready for the follow up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the Light LEM on all my guns and love this trigger. I can shoot it better than pretty much any type of trigger out there....and I've tried alot! I guess I'm just really used to it. I guess with my P30 I'm going to have to get used to completely releasing the trigger after each shot and get ready for the follow up.
Not the case at all. I have to cycle my p2000 every shot because that is how the lem is designed; full pulls and full releases. My p30 reset is much shorter than the p2000 for sure. I once saw the actual measurements posted on here so maybe you can find them via search but it may be hard. It's definitely shorter and more deliberate than the p2000 (which I commonly have problems double tapping too early), but still nowhere near the reset of a glock. Only my 45tac match trigger comes close when adjusted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts