HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I took my new birthday-present-to-myslef, Hk P2000 out for some testing at the range yesterday. Holy accuracy Batman! It handled well. No obnoxious recoil. I liked its grip over the P30, plus, it was a little smaller. It was odd because, as you'll see in the video, it was almost natural for my supporting hand to rest the pointer finger on the front of the trigger guard. Designed that way or bad grip on my part? I'm waiting on my punch pin set before I can change the back straps and test those as well. While I was at the range, I took the opportunity to make a short video. Nothing fancy and it is all shot on my iPhone so don't expect a lot CGI, but like they say "pics or it didn't happen". The ending is the best part! Can anyone explain what happens at the 2:27 mark?!

So, for your viewing pleasure...

HK Birthday hkpro - YouTube

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't think there is any full-sized 9mm with "obnoxious recoil." I'm partial to the P2000 also. It's an underrated firearm.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Happy Birthday! Thanks for the video and your shooting is pretty darn good to me. I have the 2000SK, but you have me thinking about the 2000 now.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have the P2000 and P2000sk. Both are great shooters. The P2000 often gets overlooked as opposed to the P30, but it's a great gun in its own right.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I also think the P2000 is to often overlooked and underrated. I have two P2000 in 9mm, one in .40s&w and one in .357sig. I also have a P2000sk in 9mm. All V2 LEM. I like how all of them shoot and feel in either hand. I came from SIG and never could comfortably grasp a double stack pistol because of my hand size. But the P2000 is just perfect for me, even with the large back strap. The ambidextrous controls are a real bonus.

I find myself shooting and carrying a P2000 more often than the P2000sk.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After my first session, I am pleased with the results. I hear a lot of references to the P2000sk and P30. I decided on the P2000 because I didn't need the cheese grater on the P30, and I wasn't too enthusiastic about the grooved grip. The P2000sk was the same as the P2000 but the size a minimal weight savings didn't offer me anything that could be helpful. Maybe a thin single stack 7 shot P2000sk would be a better option? As for me, it's concealable, holds 10+1 or 13+1, and will give me good reason to look for a USPc. I think it shot great. Onlt 1 winger out of 26ish at 15 yards... on head shots, WOW! Thanks for the feed back ya'l!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The P2000 is an excellent all around pistol. Small enough to carry, big enough to run in a serious two-day pistol class, extremely reliable, accurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts