HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed the pin walked out about .10" after the last short outing. I have 1K rounds on it overall. I tapped it back in. Is this common? It has never happened with my P30, which does retain the mainspring differently though.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Not a big deal, I've had magazine release pins walk in the past. Just tap it back and if it becomes a problem, it's a simple fix.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered a few more of those roll pins. If it comes out again, I will replace the pin and see if that solves it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Never take a hammer to any of the roll pins that go through plastic (grip and mag release). You can drive the pin right through the plastic, making either a new hole or widening the existing hole. This might allow the pins to walk with use and essentially ruins the frame.

The only two pins on a P2000 that require a hammer are those in the slide (extractor/firing pin retainer).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Never take a hammer to any of the roll pins that go through plastic (grip and mag release). You can drive the pin right through the plastic, making either a new hole or widening the existing hole. This might allow the pins to walk with use and essentially ruins the frame.

The only two pins on a P2000 that require a hammer are those in the slide (extractor/firing pin retainer).
Sir, How do we remove/reinstall the mag release pin and mainspring pin without using a hammer?

·
Registered
88 Posts

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say here. Are you saying not to force a pin by clobbering it with a hammer? That should be true no matter what. Otherwise, I see no difference between a couple of light taps with a small hammer versus pushing hard by hand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can start the pins by hand. I always use a 3/32 roll pin specific punch and ensure that the plastic parts are held tightly in position.
You can do anything wrong if you try hard enough.....
For the record, I had never touched the pin that was walking, so if something was messed up, it came that way from HK.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a P2000sk and the method that I have always used is to "forcefully" push up on the backstrap, and then the pin can be pushed in, or out by hand with the punch or other pushing tool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HK recommends replacing the backstrap roll-pin every time it is removed. I ordered a few of them from HKParts.net just to have them around...commonly replaced part. -A

1 - 12 of 12 Posts