HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a new P2000SK V3 in .40. Had a V2, couldn't get use to the LEM. The new P2000SK has silver or bare roll pins in the top of the slide, whereas my LEM had black roll pins. Is this something I should be concerned with? The silver/bare pins really stand out in a black slide. Thanks........

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Means they've been removed. My concern would be: by whom and for what reason, followed by - does it work?

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Brand new gun. Doesn't sound good.
In that case, some of the roll pins may be a little more silver than others. Some of my roll pins around the mag release and backstrap are silverfish. If you are certain that it's brand new, then buy it. But be sure that it's brand new. If in doubt, pass and buy it from a reputable online dealer.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Had the same awhile back...called HK CS....was told that when a steel punch was used rather than a brass punch not to worry at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are the roll pins as viewed from the top of the slide. My local gun dealer, new gun. All of the other HK's in the showcase are not like this. He has no explanation either.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
These are the roll pins as viewed from the top of the slide. My local gun dealer, new gun. All of the other HK's in the showcase are not like this. He has no explanation either.
Same with 2 of mine. A HK tech. told me as i said. Some are worse than other's. I just put a little sharpie on my P30LS my newest and not thought about it since.

gt know's where mine come from so i know mine are brand new. Maybe a new employee or something but mine was brand new..call HK if you want to verify..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same with 2 of mine. A HK tech. told me as i said. Some are worse than other's. I just put a little sharpie on my P30LS my newest and not thought about it since.

gt know's where mine come from so i know mine are brand new. Maybe a new tech. or something but mine was brand new..call HK if you want to verify..
Sounds good to me. Not the easiest gun to find in stock around me. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Sounds good to me. Not the easiest gun to find in stock around me. Thanks for your help.
Glad to help..kind of caught me off guard to...but the HK tech. answered real fast. Plus some of mine roll pin's vary as gt said his does, good luck,..

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Some of the roll pins are light, silver color and some are dark color. Nothing to worry about. If you look at the mag release roll pin (same roll pin), it's the same way. Some are silver and some are dark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts