HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This is probably really dumb to ask, but at the range when I fieldstripped the slide, the right side of the slidestop also came off. It can be taken off if the right side of the slide stop is positioned at a 45 degree angle. I put it back into the frame, and it works fine, but the slidestop on the rightside feels really flimsy if the slide is off the frame. If I shake the frame that right slidestop kinda flops around, as if it should also grab onto something else other than the frame.

I think I'm thinking way too much into this, but I always just assumed the right slidestop was more permanantly affixed to the frame. Now that I know how it comes out, it seems like it can fall off the frame easily without the slide on the frame.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
What you're describing is normal.

I don't think you'll ever experience the slide release falling off. Certainly it won't while the gun is assembled. And it won't if the gun is disassembled unless it gets tangled up in something, turned the right way, and pulled the right way.

·
Registered
823 Posts
It can be taken off if the right side of the slide stop is positioned at a 45 degree angle. I put it back into the frame, and it works fine, but the slidestop on the rightside feels really flimsy
ahh, and in there lies my complaint with the P2000, P30 pistols. The slide release is junk, IMO.

Perfectly "normal" for the those pistols otherwise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh, and in there lies my complaint with the P2000, P30 pistols. The slide release is junk, IMO.

Perfectly "normal" for the those pistols otherwise.
Thanks guys. I was pretty sure I had nothing to worry about, but in it's fieldstripped state, I was kinda surprised how unsupported that right slidestop was on the frame.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The good news is, when a mag is inserted, the right side slide release, doesn't wiggle around. It's not a bad design, good for ambi usage, I just don't like how far back it is. I end up riding the slide release.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just wish I could find the slim slidestops that Lunde has. They are very nice looking and do trim the gun down just a little bit according to his posts on them. But HK has decided not to import them unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts