HKPRO Forums banner

p2000 v2 not available??

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LSP 972 
#1 ·
I placed an order with a guy I know for a p2000 v2 in 40 s&w last night only to get a call this morning where he told me he's only able to order the v3. Has HK stopped importing them or are government contracts snatching all of them up? I have been wanting this pistol for a longgggg time so any information would be greatly appreciated so I can formulate a plan to get one of these things in my possession as soon as i can and mend my little broken heart that I have right now lol

#2 ·
Not sure of which is what (LEM vs conventional DA/SA/decocker) on the P-series pistols... but I was scrambling to find a P2000 .40 LEM last year when the wife decided to upgrade her carry caliber.

HK told me that P2000 LEM production has been a "work in progress", in regards to moving it here; apparently, the LEM doesn't sell well in Europe, and he said that the new contract they had just signed with DHS for a quantity of .40 P2000 LEM pistols stipulated that they be produced here. So one would assume they're gearing up Wilcox to do it.

All of this is hearsay (albeit from a guy at HK when I called to see if they had one), but I can tell you that in July/August of last year, there simply weren't any .40 P2000 LEM pistols to be had. I found a used one at a gun store, and a NIB example at, of all places, a gun show. So I lucked out. Haven't looked in a while, so I have no clue what the current situation is.

#3 ·
hmmm that would make sense to why they aren't available. The father shop to my local gun shop has a new one but it is in 9mm and idk how I feel about going down to that because I've only shot 40 and 45 and because I'm not very knowledgeable of how well the 9mm fairs as a self defense round

#5 ·
hmmm that would make sense to why they aren't available. The father shop to my local gun shop has a new one but it is in 9mm and idk how I feel about going down to that because I've only shot 40 and 45 and because I'm not very knowledgeable of how well the 9mm fairs as a self defense round
Speer Gold Dot 9mm +P 124 gr JHP SIM-TEST w/denim - YouTube Watch from 3:00 to the end. I load my Glock 26 with Corbon 115 grain DPX, loaded hot and no chance of jacket seperation because it's a all copper bullet. Read up on Jason Falla as well, he's a well known tactical operator that swears by the Glock 17. I know you don't know me but please trust me when I say this... It's all about shot placement, a well placed 9mm round will always be better than a .40 or .45 in a non vital area. Read up on the advancements in self defense loads for the 9mm and I think you will be quite surprised.

#8 ·
Buds Guns/Buds Police Supply has P2000 V2 pistols in stock. No .40S&W, though. They have a "tell me when back in stock" function on their website.

I'm not convinced .40S&W has enough advantage over modern 9mm JHP. .45ACP does, but not .40S&W. But that's just me so I have an HK45C (and a USP9C) and nothing at all in .40S&W. Too many calibers are hard to manage..

-- Chuck

#9 ·
Depends on your definition of "too many".

I had no use for .40 S&W... until my bride decided she wanted to "upgrade" from 9mm. She wanted to stay with her beloved P2000, so that narrowed the field quite a bit.

I have since begun reloading for it, and acquired a couple of USPc .40s for me. True enough, she and I don't do 9mm anymore, but my grandson does with his favored Beretta 92, so I still have to keep him fed; meaning I have .45, .40, and Euro Pellet to "manage".

Caliber changes on a Dillon 550 are relatively painless...:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.