HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I searched around the forum to see what parts are needed for the Todd Green Special on the P2000 but I am getting conflicting answers. Can anyone give me some clarification?

From what I gather the parts are:
Light firing pin block spring
V3 main/hammer spring

Not sure if I need the lighter trigger return spring too.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
J, I recently converted my DA/SA USP. 45 Compact to a TGS LEM and am extremely happy with it. I'm picking up a new P2000 V2 on Friday. When I dry fired my P2000 prior to purchase, the trigger pull weight was almost imperceptible to me. What was different and very noticeable was the reset seems about 50% longer that my USPc.

That being said, according to TooSixy's chart here on the forum (HK reference library), to convert your P2000 from V2 to TGS LEM you'll need to change the Firing Pin Block Spring to the lighter one #209296 and change your Hammer Spring to a lighter #214300.

For me, I'm finding its the heavy Trigger Return Spring (TRS) that makes the greatest difference in my shooting and tactile feel of the trigger, not necessarily the pull weight. I believe that was Todd Green's main point in his discussion of the LEM system. I'm no expert but am learning about these great firearms and their different systems from experience. Hope this helps. Other folks should have some good ideas too. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
J, I recently converted my DA/SA USP. 45 Compact to a TGS LEM and am extremely happy with it. I'm picking up a new P2000 V2 on Friday. When I dry fired my P2000 prior to purchase, the trigger pull weight was almost imperceptible to me. What was different and very noticeable was the reset seems about 50% longer that my USPc.

That being said, according to TooSixy's chart here on the forum (HK reference library), to convert your P2000 from V2 to TGS LEM you'll need to change the Firing Pin Block Spring to the lighter one #209296 and change your Hammer Spring to a lighter #214300.

For me, I'm finding its the heavy Trigger Return Spring (TRS) that makes the greatest difference in my shooting and tactile feel of the trigger, not necessarily the pull weight. I believe that was Todd Green's main point in his discussion of the LEM system. I'm no expert but am learning about these great firearms and their different systems from experience. Hope this helps. Other folks should have some good ideas too. Good luck.
What is a Todd Green Special and how does it differ from a regular LEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you put "Todd Green Special" into the SEARCH upper right window above, there's tons of reading about it. The light FPBS/HS and heavy TRS change of springs makes the trigger feel better to some.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the wonderful insight. I have a light LEM full size usp 9 but I'm not crazy about the trigger reset on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts