HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9mm P2000. Can I change the caliber by getting a new slide and barrel, or are there difference between frames?Does HK sell caliber change kits the way Sig and some other makers do, or would I need to need to source a slide and barrel myself? I searched the forum and found many posts about conversion barrels but nothing about slide changes.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
I have a 9mm P2000. Can I change the caliber by getting a new slide and barrel, or are there difference between frames?Does HK sell caliber change kits the way Sig and some other makers do, or would I need to need to source a slide and barrel myself? I searched the forum and found many posts about conversion barrels but nothing about slide changes.

HK does not sell caliber change kits. You could try to locate an entire P2000 top end, including RSA. For example locate an entire top end in .40sw, once you have that, all that would be needed to go to .357Sig would be that barrel. Honestly, in a lot of cases, it's about the same price to buy the entire pistol in your caliber of choice.

P2000 is/was offered in 9mm, 40sw, and .357sig - .357 is no longer offered

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
^^He’s right. It would be more Kost effective (see what I did there?) to pick up a .40S&W P2000 rather than trying to source a slide/barrel. Out of production .357 SIG is a different animal, you’re gonna pay.

Reactions: Kost

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Within the last 18 months I bought a new 2000SK in 9mm and was lucky to find a .40SW slide and barrel for it, and later, found a 357Sig barrel for that. The 357Sig barrel fits the 40 slide, and that slide fits the 2000sk 9. I suspect greatly that this holds true for the full sized 2000. The Trifecta!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts