HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a P2000 V3 which I love. I have been thinking about about converting it to LEM. I have read the post and reference library and have questions. If I leave the decocker in place with a LEM conversion will the first shot be the V3 DA pull or is it LEM? Will a decocker LEM version work with LEM 4.1. Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Your 1st shot cocked will be LEM, not DA.

I've done this with a P30L, turned a V3 into a V0, which is basically an LEM, retaining the de-cocker and a spurred hammer. I really like this setup as I dry fire a lot and like simply thumbing the hammer back into LEM after each shot VS racking the slide. When de-cocked, the LEM trigger functions just like a standard DA trigger, so I can also practice DA/SA firing, simply by de-cocking before re-holstering. Kind of the best of both worlds.

With the 4.1 my understanding is you have to use the bobbed hammer, but the de-cocker will function should you keep it. So you'll have the cocked LEM and should you choose you can de-cock and have a standard DA pull for your 1st shot. You can also lose the de-cocker and have a small empty space in your slide. personally I'd keep it as it's convenient for relieving spring tension etc. and I've never accidentally hit mine.

Chuck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys thanks again - I did the conversion and it works fine. A big thanks to Toosixy for all the great instruction in the reference section - they helped a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts