HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local gun store last weekend and picked up a P2000. It was one of those love at first sight moments. The gun fits and points so naturally for me it feels like it was made specifically for me. Now I am seriously considering getting a P2000. Before you tell me forget the P2000 and get the P30, I must regretfully inform you I am a subject of the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. So the P30 unfortunately is not an option for me. Here are my questions:
1. What are the differences between the V1 and V3?
2. Can the P2000 be converted to LEM from V1 or V3?
3. Which variant would be preferred if you want to convert the trigger to LEM later.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
According to HK Germany web pages:
V1 is LEM (combat Defence Action, CDA) with lighter trigger pull and without decocking lever. The V3 is conventional SA/DA with decocking lever.

Edit:

It seems that HK USA has different Variants;
P2000

P2000 V1
DA/SA

P2000 V2
LEM

P2000 V3
SA/DA with de-cocking.

When HK Germany says;
P2000 V1
Innovative safety-trigger system with integrated striker in the hammer at a constant level of trigger pull (Combat Defence Action 20 N) from the first to the last round, without decocking lever.

P2000 V2
As P2000 V1, but trigger pull CDA 32,5 N.

P2000 V3
Conventional SA/DA trigger and hammer, with decocking lever.

P2000 V4
As P2000 V1, but trigger pull CD A 27,5 N.

P2000 V5
Conventional „DA Only“ – trigger pull 36N.

That´s stupid...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HK-USA website has a totally different description. Their website states:
"P2000
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the hammer and centrally arranged de-cocking lever for firing in the SA/DA mode.

P2000 V1
DA/SA

P2000 V2
LEM

P2000 V3
SA/DA with de-cocking."

Here are my questions about the two variants I am trying to figure out:

1. What is the difference between a SA/DA and a DA/SA with de-cocking?

2. Can the HK-USA V1 or V3 be later converted to V2/LEM?

·
Registered
192 Posts
v3 CANNOT be converted to LEM, ever.

I've read v1 you can...

IIRC with certain variants you can add a manual safety lever. Which one(s) would that be?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
v3 CANNOT be converted to LEM, ever.

I've read v1 you can...

IIRC with certain variants you can add a manual safety lever. Which one(s) would that be?
That is only with the USP and USPC LEMs. You cannot add a safety to the P2K/SK LEMs so far as I know.
There are only two variants normally shipped to the US. LEM V2 (8 pound pull) and V3 which is SA/DA with decock, no safe, and is not an LEM trigger. For a V1 or V4 HK or you need to convert them with a simple spring shop involving the firing pin block SPRING and the trigger return spring. Details about this swap are posted at the top of the handgun thread.
There is no provision for adding a safety to any P2K/SK but on the USP and USPC, the safety can be added to an existing LEM or when converting from Vx to LEM the safety (if equipped) can be left on. There is also a post at the top of the Handgun section regarding this swap.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How do you decock a p2000 v3? I have never seen a p2000 with decocking lever. Do you decock it manually or is there a lever like usp?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
How do you decock a p2000 v3? I have never seen a p2000 with decocking lever. Do you decock it manually or is there a lever like usp?
The P2000 and P30 both have a rear decocker located to the left of the hammer. It is by far the sweetest decocker on any handgun IMO.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Big Bore pretty much covered it. I prefer my V2 LEM. I think it would be an excellent carry gun. I do want a DA/SA as well but I will make do with the LEM for now.

·
Registered
347 Posts
There is no decocking, since it is esentially a DAO.
I tried an SK V2 yesterday, and the pull felt like true DAO. I will be back to buy it this week, and will do the spring swap, as shown in the sticky thread.
The dealer didn't know V2 was LEM (and it was marked way down.)
They also have a V3, which I liked... so a decision must be made.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So let's say if your finger slipped during decocking and accidently hit the hammer...what are the chances of it going off? Just curious.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So let's say if your finger slipped during decocking and accidently hit the hammer...what are the chances of it going off? Just curious.
As long as the trigger is not depressed, there is a metal post which stops the hammer from hitting the firing pin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts