HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering either a P2000 or P2000sk for range and CCW use and I'm wondering about the size and accuracy difference between the two pistols. My dealer is quite a distance from here, so I thought I'd solicit expert advice. As stated, I'm interested in use for both a range gun and CCW and accuracy and ease of carry are my main concerns. I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs, so I'm leaning towards the 2000sk on size grounds, but is this gun as accurate (out to 50') as its big brother, the P2000? Thanks for any help. :6200:

KBW

·
Registered
165 Posts
Cobra64 posted this picture of the P2000 and P2000 SK side by side.

I don't have a P2000, but my SK is more accurate than I am. I doubt there will be much of a difference in accuracy with the barrel length. The main advantage would be distance between the sights, and given Cobra's picture, I don't see that it amounts to much.

Personally, I'm thinking the SK is the way to go. You can carry it with a 10rd flat bottom mag and carry P30 15rd mags as spares.

For more casual concealment, you can use the 13rd P2000 mags with the X-Grip which will give it a full size grip.

Personally, I think I want a P30L to go with my SK. I think that would be a nice combo.

-john

·
Registered
25 Posts
My thoughts exactly when I purchased my P30 yesterday. I thought it was a great compliment to my sk and because of the X grips, its like having two types of pistols, one more for CCW and with the grip, a lesser CCW/easier to grip HD pistol. I think the X Grip is an amazing addition.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not sure what caliber you are thinking of going with, but in .40S&W my P2000-SK is a great range gun with the X Grip, and carries well with a standard magaize. It shoots just as well (for me) as my USPc in .45. I just ordered a few more flat bottomed mags from CDNN, they should make CCW even better. My vote is for the SK.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the p2000sk and the damm thing is more accurate them my usp compact in my hands! That being said I was thinking about getting the p2000 full size, but once I got the x grip with the 13 round flat base plate mags THAT WAS IT! NO NEED FOR THE FULL SIZE YOU GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS IMHO!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts