HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have both in either .40 or 9mm, or the sk and a USPc? I've come across several threads where it's mentioned the sk has less recoil than the P2000 due to a different recoil assembly. I've shot the sk in .40, and was surprised at how mild it was, and am curious if the larger P2000 or USPc actually has more felt recoil.

Best

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a P30LS & a P2000sk, both in .40 and both shoot very well (let's just say much better than I do). Recoil is a very subjective thing. The P30 is a heavier weapon, with more mass to soak up the recoil, a fuller grip, and it's easier in general to get both hands wrapped around. It's just bigger. The sk is lighter, smaller and has a different grip. Since I know the weapons are the same caliber, load for load, each feels about the same to me, but they are different to shoot due to the grip configuration and size, hand placement, etc. The sk feels a bit snappier to me, but I think this is just a function of grip configuration and nothing more. I was surprised to see that with the smaller weapon, I was able to shoot it well and it just felt "right" to me, in spite of it's smaller frame and the grip, which tends to mash my little finger against the next one. Go figure on that one....

If I were shooting all day at the range, I would prefer the P30 over the sk, but for concealed carry use, I really like the smaller sk with an IWB holster.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Since I posted this topic, I've shot a P2Ksk and a USP fs, both in .40, side by side. I also shot the P30 in 9mm on three occasions. Like you say, recoil is a subjective thing, but my take on it is the P2Ksk actually has less recoil and muzzle flip than the USP. I found it much easier to get back on target with the sk than the USP with its much vaunted recoil reduction system.

The hotter .40 round in sk had really no more recoil the the P30, which I admittedly shot at a different time. FWIW, I shot better with the sk than the other two.

Best

1 - 3 of 3 Posts