HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
price.
P30's got a full picatinny rail on it too. ambi-mag release switch is a little bigger and nicer too.
HK's website covers the "upgrades" pretty well if you just do a side by side comparison between the two.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
price.
P30's got a full picatinny rail on it too. ambi-mag release switch is a little bigger and nicer too.
HK's website covers the "upgrades" pretty well if you just do a side by side comparison between the two.
Hi,

Can you paste a link of the side by side, I've been looking and haven't found it! I've got the dimensions compairsons. I'm trying to figure out is it is worth getting rid of my P2000 for a P30. That's the real question.
I appreciate the help and info.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Hi,

Can you paste a link of the side by side, I've been looking and haven't found it! I've got the dimensions compairsons. I'm trying to figure out is it is worth getting rid of my P2000 for a P30. That's the real question.
I appreciate the help and info.
Since they are both 9mm. Why not put your money into the HK45. Or wait for the P30 in .40

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since they are both 9mm. Why not put your money into the HK45. Or wait for the P30 in .40
Hi,
Actually, what I'm thinking of doing is selling my NIB P2000 and buying a P2000SK V3 in .40. I want another Carry gun. Just wanted to check the board's views on the P30 before leaping! Functionally there seems not be a great technology leap forward, unless you consider the side grips a leap. As it stands right now the side grips and minor minor dimensions differences aren't enough to sway me to the P30 over the P2000SK in .40.
Appreciate all the input. I think I'll go to my dealer and see what kind of swap I can get for an SK, that may make up my mine in a hurry about keeping the P2000 or not.
Although the HK45 I saw and felt was nice. But I can't carry very well my body size and hand size don't match up real well.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Since I can't see you. I'm 5'8". 155. I have no problems carring a Colt 1911 .45 for years. Plus my hands are not the biggest.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi,
Actually, what I'm thinking of doing is selling my NIB P2000 and buying a P2000SK V3 in .40. I want another Carry gun. Just wanted to check the board's views on the P30 before leaping! Functionally there seems not be a great technology leap forward, unless you consider the side grips a leap. As it stands right now the side grips and minor minor dimensions differences aren't enough to sway me to the P30 over the P2000SK in .40.
Appreciate all the input. I think I'll go to my dealer and see what kind of swap I can get for an SK, that may make up my mine in a hurry about keeping the P2000 or not.
Although the HK45 I saw and felt was nice. But I can't carry very well my body size and hand size don't match up real well.
the P30 feels soo nice in your hands but I just didn't feel like spending the extra money on it that I was already prepared to spend on the already expensive P2000. the P30 was also a lot harder to find in my area too and only one store had it and I think it was one that was in the display case that everybody and their brother dry-fired and got their grubby hands on.
not that that makes a difference at all to such a tough firearm as an HK but for $800 I want to be the first guy to manhandle it and the P2000 I bought was brand spankin new.
I also prefer the way the P2000 looks a little bit over the P30. its a little more boxy and I like the grip texturing it shares with the G series rifles.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Has there been any indication from HK about making the P30 as a .40??

·
Registered
103 Posts
p30 in .40

Has there been any indication from HK about making the P30 as a .40??
yes asked that question @ SHOT SHOW they said it would be 1 year

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks...Nipplehead??? I'm not even going to touch that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts