Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would the P30 offer to pay the extra $$$ over the P2000

The P2000 has a cool feel-good grip

·
Registered
373 Posts
I posted this at HK USA forum but didn't get a response yet. I'd like to pose the same question here. It is not my intent to stir up trouble - I currently own a P2000 and love it. I am now interested in the P30 (I may get rid of a Nighthawk 1911 to fund) so here goes:

"Loaded question I know but keeping in mind that the value of the dollar against the Euro has been heading down the tube for some time ergo higher prices for all European goods, in your heart of hearts, is the P30 worth $800+? Be honest. I don't own one, I'm just asking. On average, we are talking $200-300 more than other well-known and excellent polymer guns. What are we getting extra for the difference? I have a P2000. Excellent gun but I also have a Walther P99 (slide made in the US), also excellent and it was quite a bit less $.

I don't mind paying more for extra quality and features but if it is primarily a weakened dollar that is driving the price...."

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Best thing I can tell you is to go look at one. They are great weapons, not too mention I think my P30 is more accurate than my P2K is. Or maybe it is just me with the weapon. Regardless I would pay the extra money for it but I have all three (P30,P2k,P2KSK) so that don't really matter. It isn't just one thing though I don't know how to even begin to sum it up just go look at one for yourself.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am not sure. I have no experience with the P30 but I love my P2000. I cannot wait to get a chance to handle the P30.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My problem is that I have a P2000sk and wanted a big bro P2000 along with it but now I like the P30 and it is extra $$.. I dont know what to do..

·
Registered
43 Posts
The p30 is the gun the p2k should be. I thought my p2k was great, until i got my p30, and i had my hesitations considering i already had a p2k, but... This gun is head and shoulders better than the p2000. Without question.

·
Registered
823 Posts
This gun is head and shoulders better than the p2000. Without question.
Quantify please. Tell me/us how it is head and shoulders better than the P2000. If this is indeed true, maybe I need to re-evaluate getting a P30.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quantify please. Tell me/us how it is head and shoulders better than the P2000. If this is indeed true, maybe I need to re-evaluate getting a P30.
X 2 please

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have no doubts that the HK45 and the P30 are quality handguns. But I think that the big deal is not that they are head and shoulders above the P2000 or the USP series but is that they are new HK products and the first true new design in several years. Don't you think if Glock radically changed their design it would be a big deal too and Glock owners would swear up and down that the new pistol is so much better than its predecessor? I just find it hard to believe that after several years of HK owners swearing their products are better than everyone elses, all of a sudden the new pistols are so much better than the old ones without any real reason.

·
Registered
749 Posts
My problem is that I have a P2000sk and wanted a big bro P2000 along with it but now I like the P30 and it is extra $$.. I dont know what to do..
I have a P2K 9 mm for sale with nine high capacity mags with night sights.

Oh, I do have a P30. It "somehow" feels better; maybe not $200 better, and the M&P has a "better" trigger - consistent trigger pull and shorter reset. You'll have to hold it in your own hands.

·
Registered
425 Posts
To chime in....

The P30 is something a bit different. I own a gaggle of USP's but until a few weeks ago have carried a P7M8 for 15 years. It just felt right and performed the way I needed a combat pistol to perform.
I had no intention of playing with a P30 especially at the price point. But I grabbed one for a good price at a show I worked from a desperate seller and brought it home. First impressions were damn this thing just feels so correct in the hand.Truly customized for mu hand with the panel config that I chose. Then I shot it. 25 yard groups with S&B just over 2" first mag. It is an incredibly accurate pistol. My USP's and P2000 did not come close for me. So to say it is a tweaked P2000 is truly cutting it short.
Is it worth the bucks? Yes. Is it 200 bucks better than a P2000? Yes.
P.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay, here goes...

It's not that there's anything wrong neccessarily with the p2k, or any of my earlier model weapons, it's just that there are definite improvements without question with the p30 that I would surely call head and shoulders.

The immediate ones that come to mind are, improved accuracy (if you can believe that, but it's true, maybe due to the longer slide/barrel), longer slide releases (now it's juuuuust right, no shifting of grip at all for positive thumg contact), the most amazing ergonomics i've EVER felt in any firearm (there really aren't any words to describe how great it really feels and I've fondled my fair share), newer technology glowing sights (downside-charging via light very quickly rather than always shining; upside- shine waaaay brighter than any of my meps or other trits), 2 more rounds than the p2k (more rounds always helps), the absolute best mag release I've ever used hands down (after using this mag release, I feel like I have to use two hands to release my p2k, honestly), not to mention.... front serations from the factory if you use them (which I do). The picatinny is just icing by this point.

Now, all this being said, I still don't think there's a perfect pistol. There is at least one charactaristic in each and every one of my weapons I like and dislike more than the others. No one is the end-all be-all by any means. But this p30 is a definite improvement over its predecessor and I was VERY weary until Tom at MILSECPRO talked me into it.... and I'm sooooo glad he did. It really is a fantastic little pistol; slim and comfortable as could be for a 15 +1 rnd 9mm that feels soooooo right in your hand.

In my opinion, the p30 is the furthest advanced pistol to come into the market since the glock 17. That's just me tho......

Hope this helps. =)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Vegas's description of the P30 is right on. The P30 is the sweetest handgun I have ever owned. It is worth the extra $ over the P2K. The grip is the best available on any handgun, it is much more accurate, and the trigger also feels better then the P2K and USP.

BTW: I don't know where you guys have been shopping but I bought my NIB P30 for about the same price as a NIB P2000.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well, I haven't even had the opportunity to hold one yet, but the grip is starting to grow on me and intrigue me. I always like the P2000 grip.
I'll be on the lookout. When someone said it felt smaller than the P2000, that really peeked my interest.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The most important thing that needs to be addressed in this thread is that there IS NOT a $200 price difference between the P30 and the P2K. I am a retailer and on my wholesale/distributor pricing there is exactly a $45 difference between the two (and only a $15 dollar difference between a P30 and a P2K SK).

So the real question is whether the P30 is worth an extra $45 dollars.

The answer to that... HELL YES!

If you've never held the gun before, make sure that you get one in your hands. Once you've held it, you'll understand what the fuss is about. The ergonomics are BY FAR the best I've ever experienced.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went yesterday intending to purchase the HK45 because earlier when I called the shop to see the availability of the P30 and HK45, all they said they had were HK45. I showed up, saw the HK45 in the display case, and what did my wonderous eyes see, but ONE P30 left!

Let me just say that it was a VERY hard decision as BOTH these new pistols feels unbelieveable, but I just couldn't pass up the P30 to compliment my p2000sk. It really is phenominal feeling, looking, etc.

Guess I'll just have to get the HK45 another day.... hmmmmm, maybe Saturday when I pick up the P30! Wow, the HK fever has me bad!

·
Registered
373 Posts
The p30 is the gun the p2k should be. I thought my p2k was great, until i got my p30, and i had my hesitations considering i already had a p2k, but... This gun is head and shoulders better than the p2000. Without question.

+4. With all due respect, your post tells me nothing. Is it the ergonomics, the improved accuracy, what??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Because HK goods cast a spell over us and we cannot resist paying inflated prices and throwing reasoning out the door.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Having the interchangable backstraps, and the side lateral plates (designed by Nill) make the P30 the most adaptable production handgun out on the market. Having two more rounds of 9mm helps too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts