HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, sorry for littering the forum with questions over the past few days, but I am laid up at home after surgery on a rather severe injury and I have nothing else to do but pop pain killers and lay in bed with my laptop.

Now onto the question. I am going to be getting a mid size carry weapon to fit in between my uspf 45 and p2000sk 40 both of which are lems. Which do you feel is more easily concealed and more comfortable to carry between the P2000 and USPc?

I am sort of up in the air regarding the two. I find the P2000 to be just slightly more comfortable to hold, but I am just slightly more accurate with the USP line, neither enough to base a decision off of. So I guess it all comes down to which is more comfortable to carry for long periods of time and which is more easily concealed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used to own a USPc, now I own a P2K, due to a better grip shape and checkering, a decocker away from my right hand thumb, a slimmer and better countered slide.
Best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my old roommate has a USPc that I love to shoot and I almost got one....but the p2000 feels good and I shoot it just a little bit better as well

·
Registered
288 Posts
Comparing them side by side, the P2k is definitely slimmer in the slide and it's contoured so that it's even thinner at the top of the slide.

·
Registered
381 Posts
P2000. It is slimmer as well as it just seems more sleek. I think it is just as accurate as the USPc personally. Perhaps you just have more experience with the USPc line?

I would also suggest the P2000 since you can swap the holsters with the P2000sk if you want to carry the P2000sk. Besides it is really nice to see a big brother and a little brother in your collection.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Can't speak for the P2000 line since I haven't shot one or even held one. That makes me bias for the USP/c series. I own several different weapons of all shapes and sizes. Before the USP/c joined the flock, my intended carry piece was a Glock 30, compact 45. It has great features, but like the smaller frame weapons in their line, they just cut down the full size guns to make them smaller, hence the bigger mags work in them. The USP/c as well as the P2000 weapons were created from scratch to be what they are. To me mine (.40SW) has all that I would ever want and need, full size features in a compact frame weapon that gives up nothing. I can try others to fill this role, but none do what my HK does and I'll come back to it every time. Score one hash mark, even if mine's the only one, in the USP/c column of your tally sheet. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok after much fondling of my USP and P2000SK in the last 24 hours and really concentrating on the two pistols, this is what I have figured out:

The SK's grip is a more natrual curve, and the gun is more comfortable to carry for long periods of time, but the thickness of the USP in .45 is more comfortable to hold aims completely dead center and perfectly straight in my hands (it aims itself), where as the SK is a bit too thin (I have the larger backstrap on). I dont understand this because I dont have big hands.

Now I know the P2000 has 3 backstraps instead of only 2 that the SK has, will the largest make the P2000 as big, or really close to the size of the USP 45 grip?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
RE:

You may not have big hands, but like me you may have long fingers. I favor the larger backstraps because of this. They usually allow me to get a more proper shooting hand-hold specifically on the trigger. It helps so just the end of my finger is on the trigger as it should be, and doesn't allow me to over reach and "wrap" around the trigger.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You may not have big hands, but like me you may have long fingers. I favor the larger backstraps because of this. They usually allow me to get a more proper shooting hand-hold specifically on the trigger. It helps so just the end of my finger is on the trigger as it should be, and doesn't allow me to over reach and "wrap" around the trigger.
How does the large backstrap compare to the HK USP 45 grip in size, any idea?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I have a USP .40 and I am not sure how much bigger the .45 grips circumfrence is than the .40. I am only stating that you don't need to have large hands to favor the larger size backstraps.

I suggest trying out all the different sizes to see what is closest to what you are used to.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a USP .40 and I am not sure how much bigger the .45 grips circumfrence is than the .40. I am only stating that you don't need to have large hands to favor the larger size backstraps.

I suggest trying out all the different sizes to see what is closest to what you are used to.
Ok, thanks. My local FFL wont let me change out the backstrap on their display model, thats why I ask.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts