HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited for this pistol. My previous carry gun was a G33, which i enjoyed, but when i saw this thing and read some reviews i could not resist.

It's used, it comes with the 357 barrel, a 40 barrel, the magazine extension, XS Big dot sights, and a supertuck holster which i cannot use because i'm left handed. (Any righties who are interested shoot me a PM).

With winter upon us my first (left hand :)) holster will be an OWB. It looks like there are quite a few manufacturers who make them for this pistol. Anyone have experience with the Alien Gear OWB slide? I've heard some complaints that on some platforms the leather is cut in such a way that it's difficult to get your fingers up under the trigger guard for a good purchase on your draw. Otherwise they seem to come highly recommended and at less than $40 bucks maybe i should give it a go, anticipating the need to cut it down myself? Is there another OWB holster that hugs to the body well that i should consider?

Here's a link to the auction i won: HK P2000SK V2 357sig+40sw barrel.. not P30 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I'm excited for this trigger. Growing up on wheelguns i'm not very good with DA/SA platforms. I hated my Coast Guard issued Beretta 92f. Something about the anticipation in single action mode perhaps, but i just never got very comfortable. Since moving to ugly black guns™ i've gone strictly striker fired until now. From reading reports of the V2 trigger i'm very very hopeful it works out.

Range report to follow.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Congrats Quackerbacker nice win. That's a terrific buy IMO. I just found a new 357 barrel for my .40 P2000sk and it works for me. I asked my local LGS guy about the 357, he put his head down and sighed. I quickly thought oh no another dumb question from some idiot. Nope he loves the round and brought up how many agencies use them for CCW. He sighed because someone recently stole his pistol. It was his carry. Nothing like finding a proper fit and some thief depriving you of it.

The best with yours.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That's a great score, I'm surprised it went so cheap. When I was shopping for mine you couldn't get one for under $800.

I find them to be a bit challenging to shoot well but it's always cool to have an HK in 357 SIG. :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i just noticed that barrel is $200 by itself to buy new.

I love 357 sig. One nice thing about growing up with wheelguns is that i got accustomed to hand cannons as a youngster, shooting redhawk .44's and the like.

None of the regular pistol cartridges bother me in the least. Even my tiny little Kahr CM45 felt great, although that pistol is a marvel of engineering (outside of the flimsy takedown system that eventually led me to disavowing Kahr).

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Congrats! The P2000sk is a great CCW. I'd like to find a good deal on one roll marked 357sig in good condition one day. Not too many floating around.
You should fall in love considering what you are walking from.

·
Premium Member
3,268 Posts
I was able to find the same package LNIB, I paid more in Calif. You got a nice deal. Mine is currently on James work bench converting from V2 to V 4.1 and adding night sights.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Very nice score!
I too love 357 Sig.
But had to settle for a P2000SK 40 V2 with an OEM 357 Sig barrel.
Converted to Light LEM V1.
Added Big Dots and an extended mag release.
Highly recommend the extended mag release.

Enjoy your SK!

Mine looks like this -

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my mind i don't know that i've ever seen a better looking pistol. Really eager to get to the range.

I think i'll get the Alien gear combo package they offer. The IWB, slide OWB, plus an extra shell to experiment with (maybe fashion a holster for under my driver seat or a way to secure it in my fanny pack for trail running all for $79 bucks? Crazy talk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts